No announcement yet.

Titan Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't want to assault someone (excuse my english please ), but when updating the game and then it's not running with any emulation method, why don't play with CD? There's no different starting the game from CD or from virtual drive, only one check at the start, that's.
    Greetings
    jimbokeks

Comment

I personally use the image because I like to keep my CDs in good shape, and I usually run 2 hard drives on my computer, and not HD/DVD-R. The only time I ever take off my 60gb is when I need to install/burn.

Comment

Hello,

I Found that when you do the game run with compatibility win98 the crash doesn't goes on anymore

So , it is a solution?

:wink:

Comment

i agree with DelilahHinxs. i play the game with renamed asr on the desktop, winME compatibility mode and prot.stop. no crashes since then...
          My sysProfile!

Comment

A method undo upgrading the games is to make a backup of the game dir (Acronis can do that) before installing the patch. If the image isn' working after patching, then restore the game dir.
            you don't have the latest version of the game, but you can play with you image.
            jimbokeks

Comment

I installed the 1.11 patch and it worked perfectly with Securom Loader 1.2 and a mini-image mounted by Dtools. But now whenever it loads the game it skips the movies at the beginning and goes to the menu, but there's no sound and the screen is filled with little multi-coloured boxes, I can still click on the places where the buttons are, but I don't know what they do. This happened once yesterday when I tried emulating Securom with Dtools, I turned off emulation and it worked. How can I fix this?

Comment

well ... leave emulation off. it is not needed with images anyway
                Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Originally Posted by CongoMan
                  well ... leave emulation off. it is not needed with images anyway

Forgot to mention, I did leave emulation off.

Turns out it's a problem with asr because I reinsalled it and asr still showed the weird menu, but securom loader did it fine. But securom loader doesn't work with 1.11.
                  Last edited by Mad Cow; 05.08.2006, 04:55.

Comment

As for me,the game works without a problem at all(no crashes) if started from a burned disc(rmps) with no usage of of protstop,asr ,compatibality mode or whatever.The game only crashes when played with a mounted image(full and mini image) and it can only be prevented by using protstop,asr and the compatibality mode.The game is patched to version 1.11.

Comment

pay a visit to curerom homepage and get a copy of curerom loader (brand new). it's a command line tool similar to asr and it works with 1.11. at in 3 out, say 5 times...

but if it works, it works. no crashes. additionally i have to run the game (or my windows) in single core mode as i have a X2 CPU.

to force windows into single core mode i use this boot.ini:

[boot loader]
                      timeout=5
                      default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
                      [operating systems]
                      multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="XP Pro MultiCore" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer
                      multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="XP Pro SingleCore" /onecpu 1 /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer

this is how i do it atm:

- got ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/listings/0515-092.zip (launch.exe, launches apps with choice of cpu)
                      - put launch.exe and CureRomLoader.exe in some folder (C:\Tools)
                      - created batch file runTQ.bat like this:
                      rem start
                      "C:\Tools\CureROMLoader.exe" "D:\Games\Titan Quest\titan quest.exe"
                      rem end

added shortcut on desktop:
                      cmdline:
                      C:\Tools\Launch.exe "C:\Tools\runTQ.bat" /a=1
                      working folder:
                      D:\Games\Titan Quest\

changed icon to game icon

that's it. the game starts up in single cpu mode, avoiding crashes. i don't like unpacking stuff and the system's fast enough.
                      Last edited by CongoMan; 06.08.2006, 16:33.
                      Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Thanks CongoMan, Titan quest works perfectly now.

Comment

cmdline:
                          C:\Tools\Launch.exe "C:\Tools\runTQ.bat" /a=1

had to change into
                          cmdline:
                          "C:\Tools\Launch.exe" "C:\Tools\runTQ.bat" /a=1

for me to work, seems real nice so far

Comment

i seem to have trouble, whats the cmdline about?
                            also my titan quest gives me an error report when i run the shortcut

Comment

if you have a single core cpu this should do the trick:

Download CureROMLoader from CureROM Homepage (search the forum a bit to find it)
                              Create a shortcut to it and edit the commandline:

"C:\Tools\CureROMLoader.exe" "D:\Games\Titan Quest\titan quest.exe"

if you have a dual core cpu and are experiencing crashes in the game, get a copy a ct's launcher (link in my previous post)
                              and put the above commandline in a batch file. then launch that batch file via ct's launcher with an appropriate switch to force the cpu into single core mode. this works fine for me.
                              Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

where is the command line, i just put the stuff for "target", fixed to correct paths of course. still titan quest doesnt start and it just gives an error report saying that titan quest couldnt bla bla bla, send error report, debug etc....
                                i have single core btw so no need for the launcher

Comment

Working...
                                X