No announcement yet.

Titan Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you registered to repeat something that's already been said in this thread? And why uninstall the game first?
    Just patch to 1.11, rename asr.exe and runt it outside the game dir. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Originally Posted by tanakin
    exept go out there and buy this game!
    Are you sayinig you didn't buy this game?

Comment

OK, so I've been using D-tools for over a year now, but I've never encountered these problems before.

Saying to uninstall Daemon/curerom etc. does not fix the problem. I am wondering if you have tried to use Titan Quest yourself to make it work?

Anyway, I've spent about an hour messing around with it, and I can always tell when it's about to crash. All sounds in the game stop for roughly 3 seconds, then pick back up. The next time you open any window, such as your inventory, skills, quest log, shop - ANYTHING, and the game simply closes itself. I am running newest version of ASR on my desktop renamed to explorer.exe. I have not hacked or edited my characters in any way (which I suspected earlier might have been the problem, but it was proven wrong). I do have 3 MODs installed to game.dll (potions, relics, show damage) but it crashes w/t them too.

In 1.08, I simply used curerom 1.2 and it worked fine. Now, with 1.11, with curerom, I get an error on loading - not am emulation problem, but "A required security module cannot be activated." It then gives a link, but the link is invalid >,>

So, I moved to ASR, and it loads. I can play for 5 minutes, and then the problems above happen. The longest I have gone without crashing is less than 15 minutes.

Any questions? Be glad to help if you don't have the game.

Comment

I can confirm 98 compatability w/Pr0t St0p eliminates crashes on AMD x64 X2 CPU.

Skip down for a short summary.

I run a 64-bit dual-core system, with Windows XP x64.
        Running a 64-bit version of windows mean you have to learn a lot of tricks to get games working right, running dual-core means even more.

These are the steps I recommend:
        1. Install Titan Quest from your image (I have all emulation settings off)
        2. Download & Extract SecuROM v1.2 to somewhere besides the game directory (I chose my desktop). I never actually personally tested whether running it in the game directory did or didn't work.

I initially renamed asr.exe to explorer.exe, but it appears to work fine just named asr.exe (maybe otherwise if ran from the game directory?), so I renamed it back to asr.exe.

Now running asr.exe, and targeting Titan Quest should (hopefully) work fine, and the game will run.

However, you may (as I did) experience extremely frequent irritating crashes. Here are the further steps I took:
        3. Right click and select properties (or hold Alt and double click) on Titan Quest.exe. Go to the Compatability tab, and set it to run in compatability mode for Windows 98 / Windows Me. (others may or may not work).

This will stop the crashes. After this you shouldn't crash going through portals, or entering/exiting shopkeepers. (I personally only crashed on exiting them, going through personal and city portals, and I think maybe just running around fighting once or twice. The crashes weren't consistent, but seemed to occur more and more frequently the longer I played.)

However, there's something else you have to do.

With Compatability mode turned on, launching the game (with asr.exe) will now probably give you the error: "Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected." You fix it by:
        4. Downloading and extracting Pr0t.St0p v1.0 to the same location (I chose my desktop).
        5. Run Pr0t.St0p and Hide your virtual drives.

Short version, and summary: With Win 98 / Me compatability should stop the crashing, and SecuROM Loader v1.2 in combination with Pr0t.St0p v1.0 should allow you to run the game (I don't think either will work alone).

I appear to be running the latest version (I'm not entirely sure where to check? Didn't see any version information on the exe) because the in-game updater said there were no patches.

I also have a ton of x64 and dual-core specific information on getting games and applications to work as per this post's intro, but it was getting long, and this probably isn't the place for it (and there's too much to type in one night, heh), so I won't be posting it here. If anyone is interested I can still supply it. In my attempt to get Titan Quest working I updated my AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor drivers (an essential update, as it fixes timing issues in many games), and added the /usepmtimer parameter to the operating system line in my boot.ini file. I'm not sure if either, both, or neither of them were necessary, but the driver update was a good thing at least. (I may test the boot.ini parameter later.)
        Last edited by Swin; 05.08.2006, 18:07.

Comment

first of all, many thanks for your kind words.
          thank you!

Originally Posted by Reef
          So you registered to repeat something that's already been said in this thread? And why uninstall the game first?
          i read this thread, there where many of you repeating many things, so why are you flaming on me?

and why uninstalling?

because!

i tried without uninstalling, but i got this "security module"-thing. unistall all helped for me, just wanted to help, thank you very much.

Just patch to 1.11, rename asr.exe and runt it outside the game dir. Nothing more, nothing less.
          maybe, but here seems to be some people out there STILL experiencing trouble in spite of your all high-and-mighty-knowledge... thats where i came into it.

Are you sayinig you didn't buy this game?
          I did! I use a mdf anyway! what about you?

since my help is neither wanted or needed i wont bother you any more, just one more thing:
          **** **!

Comment

Swin, you're a genius! I just did a 30 minute gaming session! Thanks!

Comment

This actually worked! Good looking out bro!

Comment

I've got this problem: When I follow the guide of Swin, I get the error-message "a required security module..." Therefore I should use St0p.pr0t, downloaded it, but it says "nothing to hide". So I can nog start the game.
                I use the latest daemon tools, got no other virtual drive, software like that.
                Also tried curerom.

Comment

Hey

I've got DT 4.03 and Anti-Blaxx, and I've noticed noone has mentioned AntiBlaxx as a functioning method for emulating this Titan Quest.
                  Is there a way to make this game work with the software i've got?
                  I activated the SecuRom emulation in DT and the Securom 7 hiding in AntiBlaxx and it just says "A security module could not be activated"....can anyone help me?

Comment

Thankfully I didn't run into that problem, so I'm not sure how to fix it, but in this long thread it recommends using Win2k compatability. So you could try that. The Win98/ME compatability might be doing about the same thing as far as the game is concerned, though. (I think they both might have worked for me.. but I'm sure about 98/ME.)

Other than that, all I can think is it might be a good idea to uninstall any other related tools... (you might have already done this). A reboot after that might help... I'm personally running a full image, and not a mini-image. (And I haven't modified any of the installed files, executables or otherwise.)

I could probably help beyond this, but I'm leaving on a 2-week trip in just a few hours.

Comment

Hey again,

sorry for replying to myself but I decided to get CureRom and ASR and did what everybody said, created a CureRom profile for TQ and ran the game with ASR renamed to explorer.exe in my desktop. I'm still using DT 4.03 too.
                      The problem remains the same security module thing...

Should I try to patch the game to see if it works then?

Txs

Comment

get rid of antiblaxx for a start. find some software to restore your registry, if possible, else reinstall os. now follow swins instructions.

hope it works for you. did for me, at least ...
                        Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

if i'm not totally wrong there should be a backup of your registry entry in your windows folder. look for a "*.bak" file!
                          My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
                            maybe there are some registry entries left. try to find and delete them.
                            @LOODos: What type of registries do I look for and delete

Comment

you mean "Backup.reg" !?
                              You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                              sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

yeah wahtever. i couldn't remember the exact file name but i knew that it had some kind of "backup" in it. nevermind
                                My sysProfile!

Comment

Working...
                                X