No announcement yet.

Titan Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it worked for me with asr 1.2 and the method mentioned above, but after playing half an hour i had a ctd. i have never experienced something like this before. and there wasnt even an error message... looked like SecuROM killed the process...
    My sysProfile!

Comment

Hi

I have just installed the latest patch for titan quest and I can not start the game up.

I have tried using CureROM but that does not work. I have tried using ASR, that nearly works but then there is an error message saying that there is a conflict with the emulation software (DT).

So I tried using Virtual CD Hide but for some reason that does not work.

PLEASE HELP ME

Comment

@ad_no1: put the asr.exe on your desktop or somewhere else. DON'T put it in the game directory!
        rename the asr.exe to anything u want like explorer.exe or svchost.exe.
        start the game with the renamed asr and have fun!
        My sysProfile!

Comment

Thanks, putting it elsewhere fixed the problem :doh:

Comment

@LooDos: thnx for the tip but it stills does not work.

Comment

Originally Posted by ad_no1
              @LooDos: thnx for the tip but it stills does not work.
              Doyou have any other backup/emulation software installed (e.g. clonecd)?
              In which directory did you copy the asr.exe? How did you rename it?
              Are you using latest ASR (--> see the download section Securom Loader 1.2)? Delete ASR in the game directory. You need to start asr and then choose the game excecutable.
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Plz Help !

I have updated to 1.11. CureROM2.301 cannot be used - 10000 error message. Using asr1.2, the game automatically closed every 5mins. It closed without any message.

Game Information
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Titan Quest version 1.11 (0xa6ec9560)

Exception Log

Executable: E:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest\Titan Quest.exe
                System: OEM-DSSU9SV0E6I
                Date: Saturday, 29 July 2006
                Time: 12:50:47

Exception Information

Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
                Flags: 0x0
                Address: 0x1eb81fd
                Parameters: 0x0 0xc

Registers

EAX = 0x4a
                EBX = 0x1000b96a
                ECX = 0x5c52e8b1
                EDX = 0xc
                EIP = 0x1eb81fd
                EBP = 0x13dbfedc
                EDI = 0x1eb8000
                ESI = 0x1000b92d

Call Stack

0x1eb81fd
                GAME::FileSourceArchive::`default constructor closure' + 340 bytes
                0xffff00ff

Comment

@AnalCobra:

I have got CloneCd installed on my PC but it is never switched on and there is never an icon in the system tray.
                  I have downloaded the latest asr and i put it on to my desktop and renamed it to explorer.exe

Comment

The best option for me is to have a tool which will hide my virtual cd drive.
                    I have tried using virtual cd hide, prostop and there is another one which I am unsure of how to use.

You double click on the executable and a window will appear, on that window there is a lot of buttons that can be pressed. On the right hand side it says Disable ????? and on the other side it says Enable ?????

If you know how to use this tools can you please tell me what button to press.

Comment

@AnalCobra:

I have got CloneCd installed on my PC but it is never switched on and there is never an icon in the system tray.
                      I have downloaded the latest asr and i put it on to my desktop and renamed it to explorer.exe
                      Please Uninstall CloneCD and try it again.

You double click on the executable and a window will appear, on that window there is a lot of buttons that can be pressed. On the right hand side it says Disable ????? and on the other side it says Enable ?????

If you know how to use this tools can you please tell me what button to press.
                      You are talking about StarForce Nightmare?!
                      Its recommeded not to use that tool (only when you know what you do then you can use it). Its for disabling your drives/controllers/ide-channel. And you can easy mess sth. upby clicking the wrong button. Its better to use antiblacklisting tools like ASR/CureROM/SD4Hide/...
                      Last edited by AnalCobra; 29.07.2006, 12:06.

Comment

OK.

I have uninstalled CloneCD but it stills does not work.

Comment

Which error do you get now ? The same ?

Comment

The error that I get now is that there is a conflict with emulation software.

Comment

maybe there are some registry entries left. try to find and delete them.
                              My sysProfile!

Comment

ok, iґm german, so pls excuse my "speach". as i experienced the same probs and spend the whole evening finding a solution, i HAD to register, just to tell you what to do! (exept go out there and buy this game!)
                                i just finished one and a half hour of playing without crashing, so i guess "my" solution should do the trick...
                                here it comes:
                                - deinstall all that stuff! deinstall titan quest, deinstall cure rom, deinstall win-xp! (just kidding, keep xp!) donґt worry about your saves, i deinstalled a couple of times but my chars are still there!
                                - get yourself the latest daemontools and mount your tq-file
                                - install tq
                                - go into your games/titanquest (or whatever dir!) and rename the "videos" folder into whatever you like (skips the fu---ing non-skippable intro!)
                                - get yourself this "securom-loader 1.2" and put it anywhere you like EXEPT into the titan folder!
                                - rename this "asr.exe" into "explorer.exe"
                                start asr, choose "titan quest.exe" from your game dir and have fun!
                                easy, eh?

oh... i see...... forgot the cruicial part! the patch! do not, i repeat: DO NOT use the ingame updater! get yourself this 1.01-1.11 patch and patch manually!!!
                                - patch it!
                                start asr, choose "titan quest.exe" from your game dir and have fun!
                                easy, eh?

this works just fine for me, i played all my former chars and got this nifty little "ver. 1.11" in my lower right corner of the startup-screen!

i hope i did a fair job explaining this in a foreign language and also hope all of you can enjoy this game...

Comment

Working...
                                X