Starforce forum hacked or bad joke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starforce forum hacked or bad joke?

Don't run this hotfix.exe, it's a trojan!

Either Nerva had too much wodka, or someone hacked into the Starforce forum.
    Last edited by Reef; 09.07.2006, 19:26.

Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.CKJ Trojaner

is reported by NOD32.

I think someone has hacked Nervas account.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

It is a shame when this happens to any website. But I have to say the chances of anyone downloading that file (considering the spyware, virus claims right below the post) are almost nill.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

This is really a SHAME!!!

Yes, I dislike StarForce - and I'm glad we're still allowed to speak
        it out loud, cause Mr. Bush is still not Mr. "President Worldwide"

But this is.... its SABOTAGE!

I hope the guy who did this feel ashamed now and never
        do this again. My god, when we all start to behave like this,
        no cooperation in virtual or real world is possible.

I feel sorry for Nerva and hope the damage is only small

Comment

Well, their forum is online, which is good (well, I can access it just fine)

The damage seems to be very minimal, but it is pretty unfortunate that it has been hacked at least once by now (I recall it being hacked quite some time ago).

Comment

if i click the link i get this: Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

i have an account and i am logged in.....what can i do about it...

Comment

Originally Posted by chrashoverraid
              if i click the link i get this: Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

i have an account and i am logged in.....what can i do about it...
              I think they fixed their problem / deleted the posts.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                Yes, I dislike StarForce - and I'm glad we're still allowed to speak
                it out loud, cause Mr. Bush is still not Mr. "President Worldwide"
                Huh?

I don't follow what the one has to do with the other...

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
                  I don't follow what the one has to do with the other...
                  DMCA, DMCA II, Professor Edward Felton stifling of freedom of speech case, Dmitry Sklyarov arrest, USA invented CSS, etc
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Ok, but what does that have to do with Bush? The DMCA was passed by congress before Bush was even in office (1998 iirc). The Edward Felton thing (and CSS) were the RIAA and MPAA, not a goverment thing and certainly not related to Bush (Felton was sued in civil court and won his case to boot). And I still fail to see how it correlates to speaking bad things about SF.

Comment

Looks like the Starforce forum is hacked again. But this time it contains a trojan. If you're using IE, DON'T go to the Starforce forum, cause it will crash your PC.

Quite funny how people who are in the software protection business can not even keep a forum running.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
                        Quite funny how people who are in the software protection business can not even keep a forum running.
                        Looks like they need to outsource their forum security or have some auditing company take over. I don't blame them for getting hacked though: they're a huge target.

So wow, looks like if a hacker overwrites your Invision's index.php file the entire forum is taken offline.
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

All they need to do is update Invision to the latest version, which takes about 10 minutes. Their forum was already hacked last week (when someone took over Nerva's account), so they should be aware there's a security hole in it.

Comment

Hi all!

1. We'v applied all offical IPB's secutiry patches.
                            2. Every forum engines with open source engine has security holes and backdoors, never mind how often developers release security patches. To prevent all threats you have to wright your own forum engine or modify the existing one.
                            3. I'm going to have some rest, so this is the best moment to make over our forum to avoid hacker's attaks in future.

Regards

Comment

Looky here, it's Nerva. Hey Nerva, I had a question for you (assuming you are really the same Nerva). Well, not so much a question, just a comment in the form of a picture (because a picture really does say a thousand words). You really didn't comment much on the SF forums and promptly closed the thread when someone asked you about it. Any comments here? Note particularly the highlighted line.

Comment

Working...
                              X