Anyone own alienware laptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own alienware laptop?

I just bought one, and I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with their customer service.

damn, figured there'd be at least one gamer on this forum who owns one.

Comment

Nope, sorry. I don't own any laptop and I custom build all my own desktop systems. Haven't owned a pre-built since my 486, and that was technically not even pre-built as I had to assemble it myself (computer repair course).

Comment

I built my desktop. I've actually always wanted to build my own laptop, but parts aren't as easy to get as it is for a desktop. I love my desktop, but i've always wanted to be able to play graphically intense games on the go. That's the reason I bought the laptop. Now that you mention it, I haven't bought a system since my 486 dx2 that I used to have. What great memories!

Comment

I do own a laptop, but except playing sudoku with it... I only use it to work
          Carpe diem

Comment

Alienware is too expensive, for me at least.

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
              Alienware is too expensive, for me at least.
              Yeah I hear that, but ever since my lazy ass got a job I've been able to afford it. I sold a whole bunch of stuff too, before I bought it. Maybe one day all this stuff will be cheaper.

Comment

i just bought myself a dell XPS M1710

and I have to say, this thing kicks @ss

though it's really heavy about 10 lbs all together

Comment

Originally Posted by burnsy_xyz
                  i just bought myself a dell XPS M1710

and I have to say, this thing kicks @ss

though it's really heavy about 10 lbs all together

hey that's a sweet system. I expect my aurora to be heavy as well. Damnit, it's driving me crazy, i have to wait until it gets through all the phases before the thing even ships.

Comment

i waited for 10 days until it arrived but it was worth the time.

as far as i know dell has bought alienware, so the waiting time may be the same, if they use the same deliveryservice

Comment

Technically the deal won't be concluded for another month or two, after the government goes through the process of approving it (anti-monopoly laws and such). And even after it goes through, Alienware will still be run by the same guys, but now they'll be considered a subsidiary of Dell. The two will still remain independent companies in practice.

Comment

Originally Posted by burnsy_xyz
                        i waited for 10 days until it arrived but it was worth the time.

as far as i know dell has bought alienware, so the waiting time may be the same, if they use the same deliveryservice

10 days, that's not that bad i was under the impression that it was going to take weeks

Comment

Working...
                        X