starforce question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starforce question

hi, i have a question about starforce: up to version 3.7 i could play starforce games without unplugging on my notebook. it has a slimtype dvd-rw with a 50 pin ide connector. does it stand a chance against starforce 4? i mean, if i buy specific media, can i backup my game with blindwrite 6 and run from this drive, because in this sense it is "as good" as an external USB dvd-rw (in several forums i've read that burning to specific media works with USB drives)?

thanks

buy a USB dvd rw, i think sf4 blacklisted daemon403 so that may be the only way for now, not sure
    Last edited by rjcali; 06.08.2006, 22:31.
    we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

Check in device manager to see if your DVD burner appears as SCSI or IDE. Yes, there are currently some SF blacklists but only on a few games.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

since then ive tried it and didnt work.

im still curious though, that why did it work up to starforce 3.7 (toca3, world racing 2) without unplugging, though it appears as IDE in the device manager. it would be interesting to investigate.

Comment

Working...
        X