Daemon Tools 4.03 stops U3 flash stick from working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools 4.03 stops U3 flash stick from working

After installing the Demon-Tool V4, my computer stop assigning a drive letter to my usb flash drive. The device is detected by the computer and the volume is correctly shown in the drive management tool (diskmgmt.msc). However, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Moreover, when I manually assign a drive letter to the flash device, the new drive does not show up in My Computer and I cannot access to that drive from the Explorer (e.g., directly type "f:" in the address bar). A very strange thing is that I can open the drive using right click->Open the volume from the disk management tool. However, I cannot open the drive from any other programs.

Please help to solve this issue.

Make sure you have the most recent SPTD driver installed, and that it is installed properly. Maybe uninstall then reinstall it.

See this Alcohol thread for more possible ideas:

Comment

Re: Daemon Tools 4.03 stops U3 flash stick from working

I would try and see if your memory stick works again without SPTD loaded.

An easy way to disable SPTD is to execute this command (type in on the command line or make a shortcut file and add it to the end of the Target: line of the properties screen) and reboot your computer after you see the "Finished executing command line instructions" screen.
      Code:
      SPTD_Deleter.exe /disabledflag
      To re-enable DAEMON Tools and SPTD again change "disabledflag" to "enableflag" and run the command again then reboot. You can download the SPTD Deleter tool from the following post, look for "Download link".

the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

pointing to thread Daemon Tools 4.03 stops U3 flash stick from working

if anyone's interested, another user with a similar issue: Daemon Tools 4.03 stops U3 flash stick from working .
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Hi,

upgrading to DT 4.03/SP 1.25 did the trick on my Win 2003 machine. I will also try this on the Win XP machines. Thanks a lot for your help. Do you have a donation mechanism or paypal address so I can send you a few bucks as recognition of your services?

Yours,
          Marcus

Comment

Register DAEMON Tools

For $15.95 you can become a customer which would entitle you to DAEMON Tools Pro when it is released. The "Register DAEMON Tools" link is on the left side menu of the webpage.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Hi,

unfortunately I was a bit to quick. Both DT and the U3 stick worked after reinstallation, but after the next reboot I had, and have, the same problem as before (stick taking ages to be recognised, can not access CD part of stick). This is strange as I have full functionality after DT reinstall, which only lasts until the next reboot. So the question is: Why is the behaviour of U3/DT different after system restart?

Wondering,
              Marcus

Comment

Originally Posted by marcussf
                Hi,

unfortunately I was a bit to quick. Both DT and the U3 stick worked after reinstallation, but after the next reboot I had, and have, the same problem as before (stick taking ages to be recognised, can not access CD part of stick). This is strange as I have full functionality after DT reinstall, which only lasts until the next reboot. So the question is: Why is the behaviour of U3/DT different after system restart?

Wondering,
                Marcus
                Would you please turn SPTD off and on using the steps above. You need to reboot for the change to take effect. I am curious if this solves it or if there's another reason. Something else you can try to do while SPTD is turned on is to set your # of virtual drives to zero (and disable automount and autostart) and reboot and see if that has any effect.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Hi,

sorry for the late response. After disabling SPTD the U3 stick works as expected.

Yours,
                  Marcus

Comment

Hi,
                    I have the same problem with DT 4.0.6 and SanDisk Cruzer U3 2GB stick on three different PC's. The U3-cdrom-drive is shown in exploren with a drive letter, but I can't read it. Without DT the U3-function of stick works well.

Any new tip or trick?

sgk

Comment

The issue is under investigation.
                      Please check if disabling RMPS emulation helps to get access to the U3 drive.
                      Note that all emulations are required for written media only, and should NOT be enabled unless really required!
                      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

EDIT: Sorry, I double-posted unnintentionally, please see below:
                        Last edited by mumakil; 26.10.2006, 21:29.

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                          if anyone's interested, another user with a similar issue: Daemon Tools 4.03 stops U3 flash stick from working .
                          Just for the record, this issue is also being discussed here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t140...b-devices.html

Comment

Working...
                          X