Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan Quest DVD Backup

Hey everyone,

I just bought Titan Quest and it's on a DVD. I'm having trouble with the backup i made with Alcohol 120% v 1.9.5.4212. It keeps telling me to insert the "Original Disc instead of a Backup" when i use CureRom v2.0.3.1 with Daemon tools v4.03HE. I've read the other thread on Titan Quest but it was of no help. The securom loader was of no help either.

Does anyone have any ideas why i can't get my backup to work?
    Wrong settings to make the image? I used DMP
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers Agro

how did you create your image?

dpm normal/high?
    speed?

Comment

This is SecuROM 7 so if you want to clone it, you MUST use RMPS and of course slow & high DPM
      Hominis est errare, insipientis in errore perseverare

Comment

Hellos,

I created the image using Alcohol 120% with the DPM on high. This was recommended in a tutorial i read about backing up DVD's. I'm thinking that this is probably a case of blacklisting becuase i have made a working image of my special edition DVD of FEAR without a problem previously. What does every one think? HAs anyone with the DVD version of Titan Quest been able to make a backup?

Cheers,

Comment

Originally Posted by maciozo
          This is SecuROM 7 so if you want to clone it, you MUST use RMPS and of course slow & high DPM
          This is only for CD that you have to set a slow DPM reading speed.
          Fast is far better for DVDs.

@Agro : you should check if you have Clone CD or AnyDVD on your system. And does that run with the original?
          Carpe diem

Comment

The original works fine. Its just when I try to use the Image that I made in Alcohol that it says that I need to insert the original disc instead of a back up.

I have tried using the image on my old computer with a freshly formated hard drive, Windows XP Pro SP2 and nothing but Daemon Tools V4 and CureRom 2.0.3 and I still get the "Insert original disc instead of a backup" I'm sure that my Image is good. I've redone it several times with the same results each time. I'm thinking more along the lines of a Blacklisting by SecuRom.

What does everyone else think?
            Any other Titan Quest DVD owners made a succesful backup image?

Comment

Mine is running fine... Fast reading of RPMS, High quality set. I'm using CureROM 2.0.3, on a Win XP x64 rig. Runs well when patched, except the sound (AC'97...)
              Carpe diem

Comment

Try to hide your Virtual Devices with Pr0t.St0p instead of latest Curerom. Should work !
                You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Thanx for the advice guys,

So how did you nake your images? Was it using Alcohol 120% like I did? On what settings? I just want to make sure that I made my image correctly. I'll try those suggestions

Comment

Okays now I get a "Required security module could not be actvated" Any ideas as to why it would be doing that?

Not having much luck are we

Comment

maybe u activated the win 2k compatibility mode...
                      My sysProfile!

Comment

That last error means you either have some blacklisted software running (like AnyDVD), or your registry contains 'tweaks' to get around earlier versions of SecuROM 7.

You could try the latest CureROM, which has a function to restore the registry settings.

Comment

I'm using the image on a freshly formatted computer so there are no reg tweaks and I'm using the latest CureRom. How about Anti-Blacklisting. Can anyone recommend a good anti-black list app. The only apps I am using with my image of Titan Quest is Sr7Stop, the latest CureRom and Daemon tools.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'll keep trying tomorrow

Comment

use prot.stop instead or asr of sr7stop!
                            My sysProfile!

Comment

Thank you for all the help guys

I now have it working using the latest CureROM
                              I appreciate all the help and advice from everyone, keep up with the great work

Cheers Agro

Comment

Working...
                              X