Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD playback from mounted image

Hello,

I've created an ISO image of a (movie) DVD using Burnatonce (Raw reading from a Plextor CD/DVD drive), mounted it with Daemon tools and tried to play.
    The trailer and menu displayed correctly, but once the real film started, everything became garbled. When playing from the original DVD, the film displayed just fine.

Any hints how I might find out what the problem is? Does Daemon tools support mounting for DVD playback? Is there a way to check whether the ISO image is corrupt?

Thanks for any help!

Which software player do you use? What exactly do you mean "garbled" - e.g. playback stutter or artefacts?
    Note that Daemon Tools does not support CSS protected images.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I have tried both PowerDVD and VCLViewer, with the same result.
      "Garbled" means the picture is completely unusable...as if someone put the film through the shredder. PowerDVD crashes as soon as I try to activate the context menu.

How do I recognize whether the image is CSS protected?

Comment

Originally Posted by Asperamanca
        Raw reading from a Plextor CD/DVD drive
        How did you copy the DVD to your hard drive? I thought Burnatonce made images and didn't rip DVDs. I would google for some popular ripping program.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Burnatonce does create an ISO images. Although it seems to be a burning program first and foremost, it does offer raw image reading.
          I can mount it all right, and (as I noted) even the trailer and menu display correctly.

Comment

Try to re-create the image with another software, e.g. Alcohol.

Comment

While I'm trying it...does ANY of the "recommended programs" NOT install some kind of virtual drives, tray program, or meddle with my auto-instert notification setting? (Of course, without asking me first!)
              Argh!

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
              Try to re-create the image with another software, e.g. Alcohol.

Comment

Well, you can try DVD Decrypter, but usage could be illegal in your country.

Comment

You can also try DVD43 - it decrypts DVDs on the fly... But that is maybe also illegal in your country.

Comment

Same problems with an image created by CloneCD (newest version).

What does a copy protection have to do with it? If I really have a raw image, shouldn't it behave just the same way as the physical disc?

Comment

Everyone in this thread is wondering if you've removed the CSS protection or not. I don't know how to help you if you've not done it before- besides recommending the program Copytrooper mentioned.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

What I wanted to mention: DVD43 is as good as AnyDVD, but it costs nothing. (It's free)

Comment

Ok, seems we've run into a little communication problem...

I thought that an ISO image is basically a binary copy of a CD or DVD disk, at least when created using raw reading mode. So I expected it to show the same behaviour as the physical disk.

Therefore I didn't see your distinction between image creation and ripping at first.

No, I didnt care any bit about a copy protection. Based on the assumption above, a perfect raw copy should behave the same as the physical disc, so a copy protection (that doesn't install itself such as the infamous Sony BMG rootkit) should not recognize any difference.

Is there a basic distinction between how a physical disc and a mounted ISO image appears to a software accessing it?

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                          Everyone in this thread is wondering if you've removed the CSS protection or not. I don't know how to help you if you've not done it before- besides recommending the program Copytrooper mentioned.

Comment

You cannot create a working image without removing the CSS protection, because the CSS Protection cannot be copied. Hope it's more clear, yet.

Comment

CSS is not just a copy protection, it is an encryption scheme. This is why it must be removed and cannot just be copied.

Comment

Working...
                              X