Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: DVD playback from mounted image

Frage DVD playback from mounted image

Hello,

I've created an ISO image of a (movie) DVD using Burnatonce (Raw reading from a Plextor CD/DVD drive), mounted it with Daemon tools and tried to play.
    The trailer and menu displayed correctly, but once the real film started, everything became garbled. When playing from the original DVD, the film displayed just fine.

Any hints how I might find out what the problem is? Does Daemon tools support mounting for DVD playback? Is there a way to check whether the ISO image is corrupt?

Thanks for any help!

Which software player do you use? What exactly do you mean "garbled" - e.g. playback stutter or artefacts?
    Note that Daemon Tools does not support CSS protected images.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

I have tried both PowerDVD and VCLViewer, with the same result.
    "Garbled" means the picture is completely unusable...as if someone put the film through the shredder. PowerDVD crashes as soon as I try to activate the context menu.

How do I recognize whether the image is CSS protected?

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Asperamanca
    Raw reading from a Plextor CD/DVD drive
    How did you copy the DVD to your hard drive? I thought Burnatonce made images and didn't rip DVDs. I would google for some popular ripping program.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Burnatonce does create an ISO images. Although it seems to be a burning program first and foremost, it does offer raw image reading.
    I can mount it all right, and (as I noted) even the trailer and menu display correctly.

Try to re-create the image with another software, e.g. Alcohol.

While I'm trying it...does ANY of the "recommended programs" NOT install some kind of virtual drives, tray program, or meddle with my auto-instert notification setting? (Of course, without asking me first!)
    Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by Copytrooper
    Try to re-create the image with another software, e.g. Alcohol.

Well, you can try DVD Decrypter, but usage could be illegal in your country.

Experienced User

You can also try DVD43 - it decrypts DVDs on the fly... But that is maybe also illegal in your country.

Same problems with an image created by CloneCD (newest version).

What does a copy protection have to do with it? If I really have a raw image, shouldn't it behave just the same way as the physical disc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast