Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSOD after Hibernate! (maybe only on X2 Dualcore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your exact MB specification?

We cannot reproduce hibernate crash on X2 even with optimizer. This seems to be your configuration specific.
    The more info you provide the better.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem :
      Asus A8N-SLI
      1Go RAM
      2*250 Go (RAID0) for system drives
      Windows XP SP2 French
      Lastest NForce et Forceware driver
      Lastest AMD Driver but I don't install optimizer

Even with the good options, Windows don't generate any dump file. I have a stop 0X0000001D with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Comment

After reinstalling my pc for a couple of times I am still suffering from te same problem. Driver irq not less or equal on hibernate after installing Daemon tools. Tried different (including latest) versions op sptd.

The stop error is I have a stop 0X0000001D

I have the ms dual core patch, amd dual core patch, processor driver and mb drivers installed. Without these i get the same result.

Motherboard: DFI Nforce4 Ultra-D, 2 GB RAM, 2x 250 (Raid 0), WINXP SP2 english all patches installed.

Originally Posted by boulonais View Post
        Hi,
        I have the same problem :
        Asus A8N-SLI
        1Go RAM
        2*250 Go (RAID0) for system drives
        Windows XP SP2 French
        Lastest NForce et Forceware driver
        Lastest AMD Driver but I don't install optimizer
        Even with the good options, Windows don't generate any dump file. I have a stop 0X0000001D with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Comment

Same problem!

Abit KN9 Ultra
          3800+ (64 X2)

Comment

Odd, I have a gigabyte m61pm-s2 with an amd x2 3800+, amd and ms dual-core optimizer, and have absolutely no problems running daemon-tools 4.08

Comment

Originally Posted by 15break View Post
              Odd, I have a gigabyte m61pm-s2 with an amd x2 3800+, amd and ms dual-core optimizer, and have absolutely no problems running daemon-tools 4.08
              Did u try hibernating? Cause thats when the problem becomes evident. Besided the fact that Daemon tools kills the hibernation with a BSOD it will run fine.

Comment

Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
                Did u try hibernating? Cause thats when the problem becomes evident. Besided the fact that Daemon tools kills the hibernation with a BSOD it will run fine.
                Sorry, forgot to mention about that. Yes, i've been using hibernation exclusively since I got this comp. On a side note on a little more info on my specs, I have 1gb of supertalent, 1 sata maxtor, windows xp 32-bit sp2, and all the latest drivers for everything.

Some things I do not have installed are any sort of burn program, like easy cd creator, nero, or any other major burn app.

Comment

I have the same try that I get a "0X0000001D with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSOD whenever I try to enter hybernate mode. I know now it's related to Daemon Tools, as I tried reпnstalling with several configurations and everything works fine, until I install Daemon Tools. Note that uninstalling Daemon Tools doesn't fix the problem. Once I have it, I have it.

I'm running Windows 2K on a P5ND2-SLI system with Intel P4 3Ghz processor, 2 gigs of memory and Dual GeForce 7800 GT in SLI mode. There is an ASUS DRW-1604P DVD Rewriter as primary on my 2nd IDE port and 2 identical harddisks combined into an Nvidia Stripe disk on my NVIDIA nForce4 Intel@ Edition Serial ATA RAID Controller. Everything else is on board.

Comment

Would it be possible for having a RAID setup be a factor in any of this? I have no idea if or why it would but that seems to be the only significant difference in the specs of everyone's system compared to mine.

Comment

I have the same problem, and can confirm that I have an Nvidia Nforce4 board (Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI) with a RAID 0 setup.

For Thels: you need to manually delete sptd.sys from the windows/system32 folder in order to be able to hibernate again. The DTools uninstall doesn't remove it.

Dave

Comment

nforce 4 & AMD64 & daemon & not hibernation

Hi guys,

i've got the same problem with daemon & hibernation too. So I searched throught diffrent threads and its seems to me that the problem with hibernation is connected to nforce4 & (maybe raid) & daemon & (maybe alcohol).

My system was running fin with alcohol 120% but since I installed daemon tools I get this f*** IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error when i'm going in hibernation

Trying: msinfo32
                        IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-konformes System
                        IRQ 9 SCSI/RAID Host Controller <-- Daemon!!!

To get rid of this problem we should compare out systemconfig!

Asus A8N-E Ultra (nforce 4, raid 0 installed)
                        AMD64 - 3000+
                        2x Cosair 1024 TwinX
                        Windows XP, Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools

Comment

OK I've done a bit of experimenting. Basically it eventually boiled down to copying my existing RAIDed C: drive onto a single PATA drive, booting from that and reinstalling Daemon. There didn't seem to be any trouble hibernating with this setup. This setup still included the nForce SATA RAID driver (I could still see the original C: drive) so I'm not sure exactly where the conflict lies. Unfortunately I don't have a spare single SATA drive to perform the experiment with, so I can't see if there's an issue with the system drive being on the SATA controller, or whether it only occurs when the system drive is on the RAID array.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that when the OS stores the hibernation file it uses the RAID driver in a funny way which conflicts with sptd.sys. Unfortunately it's not possible to put hiberfil.sys on a different drive in order to get round this.

Hopefully this will give someone who knows more about the internal workings of the drivers something to go on in order to fix this problem.

Dave

Comment

Could you please post the entire BSOD message, maybe it gives a clue.
                            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                              Could you please post the entire BSOD message, maybe it gives a clue.
                              OK, I've finally got round to reinstalling Daemon to do this...
                              The error is:
                              DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
                              Technical Information:
                              Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000,0x000000FF,0x00000008,0x00000000)
                              I tried it a couple of times to see if any of the parameters changed, but they didn't.
                              Hope this helps
                              Dave

Comment

Did it reference a specific .dll or .sys file?

Comment

Working...
                                X