Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSOD after Hibernate! (maybe only on X2 Dualcore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
    Did it reference a specific .dll or .sys file?
    No sorry. The rest of it was just the standard "If this is the first time you have seen this message blah blah blah" there weren't any references to any specific files. There's nothing in the system log either (despite being set to write an event there after a crash), although I guess that's not so surprising if there may be an issue with disk writes anyway.
    Dave

Comment

Check your Windows\minidump directory for the latest minidump file (they're named by creation date). If one exists, you could send it to support@daemon-tools.cc to have them analyze it for you. That may lead to a more definitive source of the problem.

Comment

Unfortunately (probably due to the issue with writing to disks) the minidump has not been created. However, I see that I can change where the minidump is saved, so I'll attach a PATA drive tonight and try again.

Dave

Comment

Hmmm...

I've now discovered that the minidump is initially created within the pagefile on the C: drive and is only copied to the minidump folder on the next boot. Handy!

I'll have to look into sending the debug info through the serial port. I've no idea what's needed for that, but I'll look into it. If anyone's got any other ideas, I'm open to suggestion.

Dave

Comment

Anyone of you with hibernation issue did try SPTD layer v1.43 yet?
            Also did you try with SPTD installed only, i.e. without Daemon Tools and/or Alcohol installed, but SPTD running?
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I was running on a fresh install of windows xp sp 2 with a single core processor and was having the stop error while hibernating issue:

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
              Stop: 0x000000d1 (0x00000000, 0x000000FF, 0x00000008, 0x00000000)

the problem was resolved the very instant i uninstalled sptd layer 1.43.

Comment

Detailed problem reproduction description:

I just clean formatted my system, here are the specs:

Athlon 64 3000+
                DFI LanParty UT NF3 250gb
                4 SATA Hard drives
                3 PATA Optical drives

The following software is installed:

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition with Service Pack 2
                NVIDIA official nForce3 RAID drivers v6.25
                NVIDIA official nForce3 Ethernet drivers v6.25
                Realtek AC'97 Drivers version A3.99

I then proceeded to install Daemon tools. After the first part of the installation, after the computer had restarted, I tested to see if hibernate worked. It did not work. It caused a BSOD as described by the above poster. Daemon tools was not installed at this point, only the SPTD layer. I hope this helps.

Comment

Anyone tried v1.45 yet?

Comment

I have the same problem with DAEMON Tools (4.09 x86, STPD 1.43). I have not tried with STPD 1.45. Why would you suggest 1.45? It's not listed for download by Duplex Secure (http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads).

I'm running X2 4400+, A8N32-SLI, RAID 0 over SATA, and 7900 GS with Windows XP SP2.

What else would you need to debug this problem?

Comment

SPTD v1.45 fixes some strange bug causing issues with quite some programs including Nero, EAC, WinAmp etc., so it is highly recommended to update to v1.45. Maybe it fixes the hibernation issue for some of you guys with problems, too.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                        SPTD v1.45 fixes some strange bug causing issues with quite some programs including Nero, EAC, WinAmp etc., so it is highly recommended to update to v1.45. Maybe it fixes the hibernation issue for some of you guys with problems, too.
                        Nope, same problem still occurs.

Comment

Hi there,

I have the same problem. After installing DT (doesn't matter sptd 1.43 or sptd 1.45) i get bsod.

Comment

Anyone tried SPTD layer v1.47 yet?

Comment

works with NV4 Raid. THX!!

Comment

1.47 works with nforce4 RAID for me too. I have had this problem with a single core Athlon 64 for some time. I hadn't even thought that it could be due to Daemon tools until I checked the home page recently and read the change log.

Comment

Working...
                                X