Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: best .iso maker thingy

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Terramex
    @Fizzbane
    Cheapest solution for software on DVD that needs D.P.M. to be emulated successful:

- create ISO with DVD Decrypter (Mode/ISO->Read) and rename from Imagename.ISO to Imagename.MDF
    - download the matching MDS file (including D.P.M. information) from e.g. copybase.ch, rename to Imagename.MDS and move/copy it to your MDF file
    - mount in DT's virtual drive
    Nice idea.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

woah.....i cant understand a thing on copybase.ch...... and so that way u stated Terramex u only said dvd so does that mean that will only work for dvds, i need to b able to use both cd and dvd .iso or other type of file compatable with Daemon. and how would u merge the .MDF with the .MDS or vise versa? i am goin to try out alcohol as well as this. thank you for the help!

well i tryed alcohol on a cd and it was super slow at high speed, it got to 2% after an hour.....ya that was bad......so i cancled it, and had to use my other pc and ddump since my ddump died for some random reason.... does any1 know if dvd2xbox rips DMP? and if the program qwix can b use to create .iso of cd/dvd in your pc disc drive instead of xbox disc drive. thx

Master

One problem I can see is that he's entirely reliant on others making a decent mds file. And not only that, if the file is corrupted, he can't just remake it himself. Plus, nothing lasts forever. Who knows if one day this copybase.ch is no longer there.

Customer

@Fizzbane
    - Yes, i'm only talking about DVD's.

- Alcohol creates the main image file (MDF) and the media descriptor file (MDS), which (if extracted) also includes the data position information. I didn't consider that my words can be misunderstood by a Alcohol newbie easily : You can't merge the MDF and MDS file; what i was trying to say is that they just have to be in the same folder
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzbane
    well i tryed alcohol on a cd and it was super slow at high speed, it got to 2% after an hour.....
    Which title did you try to create an image of ? Does ddump read the same CD faster ? Depending on protection and drive capabilities an image creation can take very long. If it's a Safedisc protected CD you can try THIS
    method (which works with every burn app incl. nero, but unfortunately not with every drive)

Quote Originally Posted by Jito463
    One problem I can see is that he's entirely reliant on others making a decent mds file.
    Of course you are right, but many people are entirely reliant on others making a decent mds file cause their drives can't perform a good D.P.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Jito463
    Who knows if one day this copybase.ch is no longer there.
    Then there are (and will be) other databases :wink:
    Last edited by Terramex : 09.08.2006 at 12:00

Which title did you try to create an image of ? Does ddump read the same CD faster ?
    i tryed to create an image of battle for middle earth 2 with alcohol 120% into an .iso format, ddump i think is great but i dont know if it takes the protection files, on ddump it worked much faster and the .iso works and runs fine. (i never waited to get that .iso from alcohol, it was slower than dial up)

what does a .cue file do? ya thx

*ddump does get some copy protection, safe disc and secrom*
    Last edited by Fizzbane : 09.08.2006 at 20:53

Lächeln

i tryed to create an image of battle for middle earth 2 with alcohol 120% into an .iso format, ddump i think is great but i dont know if it takes the protection files, on ddump it worked much faster and the .iso works and runs fine. (i never waited to get that .iso from alcohol, it was slower than dial up)

what does a .cue file do? ya thx

*ddump does get some copy protection, safe disc and secrom*
    hey every1 im new to the forum and didnt think i would see this question here but iv been trying to tell ever1 for months that .cue files are crap all u need to do is select all*files* and daemon tools will mount the image, but an answer to your question a .cue file is like a prompt file for an image like .bin files you mount them in a virtual drive and they will allow you to use the corresponding app there not very big (a mb at best)
    adn you can easily make 1 yourself but like i said you dont need them just go to the directory the desired image is in and select all *files* and mount

what is a good program to make .iso files from cd\dvd? 1 that is practicaly idiot proof and free.

Fizzbane
    I really like blindwrite from VSO software. I have used it for years and is VERY easy to use. Insert the CD/DVD click READ change the type to iso and type in the destination. That's about it. Daemontools will also read the B5T and with the later versions B6T files that blindwrite creates also.

Davemcp
    Dave
    Tech Support for the entire family

Quote Originally Posted by Terramex
    @Fizzbane
    Cheapest solution for software on DVD that needs D.P.M. to be emulated successful:

- create ISO with DVD Decrypter (Mode/ISO->Read) and rename from Imagename.ISO to Imagename.MDF
    - download the matching MDS file (including D.P.M. information) from e.g. copybase.ch, rename to Imagename.MDS and move/copy it to your MDF file
    - mount in DT's virtual drive

How do i create a ISO with DVD Encrypter? I downloaded it, selected the Destination Folder and now? I dont find any "Burn" Button or something.

New User

you can use nero to create an image then use alcohol to burn it, but you can also use twincreator in a-ray tools with alcohol .mdf and .mds to create a working copy of some games.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast