No announcement yet.

best .iso maker thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which title did you try to create an image of ? Does ddump read the same CD faster ?
    i tryed to create an image of battle for middle earth 2 with alcohol 120% into an .iso format, ddump i think is great but i dont know if it takes the protection files, on ddump it worked much faster and the .iso works and runs fine. (i never waited to get that .iso from alcohol, it was slower than dial up)

what does a .cue file do? ya thx

*ddump does get some copy protection, safe disc and secrom*
    Last edited by Fizzbane; 09.08.2006, 20:53.

Comment

Originally Posted by Fizzbane
      i tryed to create an image of battle for middle earth 2 with alcohol 120% into an .iso format, ddump i think is great but i dont know if it takes the protection files, on ddump it worked much faster and the .iso works and runs fine. (i never waited to get that .iso from alcohol, it was slower than dial up)

what does a .cue file do? ya thx

hey every1 im new to the forum and didnt think i would see this question here but iv been trying to tell ever1 for months that .cue files are crap all u need to do is select all*files* and daemon tools will mount the image, but an answer to your question a .cue file is like a prompt file for an image like .bin files you mount them in a virtual drive and they will allow you to use the corresponding app there not very big (a mb at best)
      adn you can easily make 1 yourself but like i said you dont need them just go to the directory the desired image is in and select all *files* and mount

Comment

Originally Posted by Fizzbane
        what is a good program to make .iso files from cd\dvd? 1 that is practicaly idiot proof and free.

Fizzbane
        I really like blindwrite from VSO software. I have used it for years and is VERY easy to use. Insert the CD/DVD click READ change the type to iso and type in the destination. That's about it. Daemontools will also read the B5T and with the later versions B6T files that blindwrite creates also.

Davemcp
        Dave
        Tech Support for the entire family

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex
          @Fizzbane
          Cheapest solution for software on DVD that needs D.P.M. to be emulated successful:

- create ISO with DVD Decrypter (Mode/ISO->Read) and rename from Imagename.ISO to Imagename.MDF
          - download the matching MDS file (including D.P.M. information) from e.g. copybase.ch, rename to Imagename.MDS and move/copy it to your MDF file
          - mount in DT's virtual drive

How do i create a ISO with DVD Encrypter? I downloaded it, selected the Destination Folder and now? I dont find any "Burn" Button or something.

Comment

you can use nero to create an image then use alcohol to burn it, but you can also use twincreator in a-ray tools with alcohol .mdf and .mds to create a working copy of some games.

Comment

Alcohol 52% can be downloaded for free.
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by thecracker
                How do i create a ISO with DVD Encrypter? I downloaded it, selected the Destination Folder and now? I dont find any "Burn" Button or something.
                Mode -> ISO -> Write

Comment

Originally Posted by Fizzbane View Post
                  Although discdump has a securom setting, it doesn't work for any version of securom let alone those that require dpm extraction.

It does still work fine for safedisc though.

Comment

I use magiciso as my first iso maker. I does a good job on creating an burning iso file.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer View Post
                      Alcohol 52% can be downloaded for free.
                      The free version of Alcohol 52% now comes bundled w/spyware. Has anyone managed to get rid of it (i.e. of the spyware)?

Comment

@Aqualung

Hello, Sorry but your comment is totaly incorrect, there is no spyware bundled with Alcohol 52% free version or any other versions of Alcohol please post proof of your comment or refrain from spreading rumours.

Alcohol 52% comes with a search tool bar exactly the same as you would use if you used google or any other search engine.

I suggest you read this http://www.alcohol-toolbar.com/ before making ill informed comments concerning this software.

Oh and uninstall is very simple
                        Last edited by phoenix; 25.04.2007, 18:34.

Comment

Okay, I apologize, Alcohol 52% FE is indeed what I need, and the toolbar can be uninstalled quite easily. No need for DT as far as I am concerned

Cheers, and keep up the good work.

Comment

Yep, just a simple toolbar for searching the online games database, nothing more. No spyware or adware is included.

Comment

Working...
                            X