best .iso maker thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best .iso maker thingy

what is a good program to make .iso files from cd\dvd? 1 that is practicaly idiot proof and free.

Fizzbane

There is no free image making program that can extract DPM from a disc (this is important for many protections).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Nero is able to make iso... but is not free.
      UltraIso is a tool I do like when I have to manipulate iso... by the way, it's not free (29.95 US$ if i remember well)
      There are maybe free iso making tools under windows... but I dunno them.
      By the way, if you're not sticked to windows, there are good tools under linux, like k3b.
      Carpe diem

Comment

i have nero, can that extract DPM?? and if so how do i use nero to make .iso files, ive only ever used ddump and it broke down on my pc and it doesnt work for dvds i hear, so what is an easy .iso creater program for a reasonable cost??.....thx for the help!

Comment

No, Nero can't extract such DPM-infos, sorry

Comment

but if a disc didnt have DMPs, could i use nero to create an .iso file?? and if so how? thx u

Comment

Nero cant read the DPM, but if you dont need the DPM (maybe you got a software cd and no game cd, basically the cd has no protection) then you can use nero.
              For protected games you need to use e.g. Alcohol120% in order to get a working image.
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

i hear alot about alcohol 120%, is it that good? is it worth $50, and is it easy to use, i dont like programs i actualy gotta read a manual on, i am too lazy and just wanna game. Is there a better program out there for a cheaper price?? any help is much appriciated, thank you.

Comment

The best way to know that is to get the trial version...
                  Carpe diem

Comment

@Fizzbane
                    Cheapest solution for software on DVD that needs D.P.M. to be emulated successful:

- create ISO with DVD Decrypter (Mode/ISO->Read) and rename from Imagename.ISO to Imagename.MDF
                    - download the matching MDS file (including D.P.M. information) from e.g. copybase.ch, rename to Imagename.MDS and move/copy it to your MDF file
                    - mount in DT's virtual drive
                    Last edited by Terramex; 07.08.2006, 14:06.
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex
                      @Fizzbane
                      Cheapest solution for software on DVD that needs D.P.M. to be emulated successful:

- create ISO with DVD Decrypter (Mode/ISO->Read) and rename from Imagename.ISO to Imagename.MDF
                      - download the matching MDS file (including D.P.M. information) from e.g. copybase.ch, rename to Imagename.MDS and move/copy it to your MDF file
                      - mount in DT's virtual drive
                      Nice idea.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

woah.....i cant understand a thing on copybase.ch...... and so that way u stated Terramex u only said dvd so does that mean that will only work for dvds, i need to b able to use both cd and dvd .iso or other type of file compatable with Daemon. and how would u merge the .MDF with the .MDS or vise versa? i am goin to try out alcohol as well as this. thank you for the help!

Comment

well i tryed alcohol on a cd and it was super slow at high speed, it got to 2% after an hour.....ya that was bad......so i cancled it, and had to use my other pc and ddump since my ddump died for some random reason.... does any1 know if dvd2xbox rips DMP? and if the program qwix can b use to create .iso of cd/dvd in your pc disc drive instead of xbox disc drive. thx

Comment

One problem I can see is that he's entirely reliant on others making a decent mds file. And not only that, if the file is corrupted, he can't just remake it himself. Plus, nothing lasts forever. Who knows if one day this copybase.ch is no longer there.

Comment

@Fizzbane
                              - Yes, i'm only talking about DVD's.

- Alcohol creates the main image file (MDF) and the media descriptor file (MDS), which (if extracted) also includes the data position information. I didn't consider that my words can be misunderstood by a Alcohol newbie easily : You can't merge the MDF and MDS file; what i was trying to say is that they just have to be in the same folder
                              Originally Posted by Fizzbane
                              well i tryed alcohol on a cd and it was super slow at high speed, it got to 2% after an hour.....
                              Which title did you try to create an image of ? Does ddump read the same CD faster ? Depending on protection and drive capabilities an image creation can take very long. If it's a Safedisc protected CD you can try THIS
                              method (which works with every burn app incl. nero, but unfortunately not with every drive)

Originally Posted by Jito463
                              One problem I can see is that he's entirely reliant on others making a decent mds file.
                              Of course you are right, but many people are entirely reliant on others making a decent mds file cause their drives can't perform a good D.P.M.

Originally Posted by Jito463
                              Who knows if one day this copybase.ch is no longer there.
                              Then there are (and will be) other databases :wink:
                              Last edited by Terramex; 09.08.2006, 12:00.
                              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                              X