Wtf??? Daemon-tools Website, and Mcafee Site Advisor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf??? Daemon-tools Website, and Mcafee Site Advisor

Man this really Pi***'s me off! Mcafee Site Advisor has listed the Daemon-Tools Website as a risky (Red) Site.

However there are some Daemon-tools Supporters, that are posting there, and trying to get it changed to a Green
    (Safe Website).

Mcafee has it listed like that because some tard's (Sorry no offence) have reported about the adware in D-tools 4.00 + , that IS OPTIONAL TO INSTALL.

Man some of these people, they really have the nerve, or must be uneducated. I hope this doesn't give daemon-tools a bad reputation, and scare people away from using it.

I for one support Daemon-tools, and can care less if it has some unobtrusive adware in it, to support development, but I chose not to install the adware, because of being on a really slow connection (56k Dial-up), but I'll buy D-tools pro, as soon as I get the money to buy it

Anyways here's the link to the site advisor website, I hope a staff member reports there, and tries to get it changed to a Green (Safe) Website.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it wasn't my intention
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

good that you mentioned it. I already made some comments
    there. They treat us exactly the same as if our application
    would force people to install it. Sometimes we asking ourselfes
    why we play fair when we do earn such ratings like at
    McAfee-website.

Comment

Do people really use crap like Mcafee Site Advisor? LOL!

They should report their own site as red, cause every Mcafee product is crap

Comment

As a computer repair pro (not trying to toot my own horn, just stating the facts - I have been doing this for over a decade now), I would have to agree with Reef. McAfee's products are notoriously buggy and incompatible with other software. Norton's products are notoriously bloated. Those are supposed to be two of the top-level anti-virus solution providers. They got there with decent enough software, they stay there because of the uninformed masses. Marketing truly does sell. Unfortunately - good software or not - they are a well-recognized AV provider, and as such this needs to be fixed or it could negatively affect DTools business.

Comment

well, it surely WILL have influence on how fast we react next
          time when incompatibilities occur - we maybe also review their
          antivirus and create a new category for our users: recommended software, whats hot and what not.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
            good that you mentioned it. I already made some comments
            there. They treat us exactly the same as if our application
            would force people to install it. Sometimes we asking ourselfes
            why we play fair when we do earn such ratings like at
            McAfee-website.
            Maybe its time play unfair too ^^

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
            well, it surely WILL have influence on how fast we react next
            time when incompatibilities occur - we maybe also review their
            antivirus and create a new category for our users: recommended software, whats hot and what not.
            Would be a good start
            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

I'm sorry about posting something like this, but it tends to make me somewhat annoyed or angry when, someones hard work is criticised, even if it's something small and lame as mcafee's site advisor.

I could see if the adware was forced, and there was no option to opt-out, or that the adware was potentially harmful or damaging, and compromised the security of your system. At least I can say that the Daemon-Tools team has been the most honest and upfront about it, unlike some programs that don't tell you that it's going to install spyware, or adware, and don't give you an option to opt-out.

At least Daemon-Tools has a forum Dedicated to the adware, incase some people run into problems, which other programs or forums don't have, and your Basically SOL, if something happens, or goes wrong.

Even a lame and useless program, or website, such as mcafee site advisor, can tend to shun some people away, that are unfamiliar with daemon-tools, and give them the wrong idea or impression about the program.

I'm sorry if I stirred up a bit of controversy here, and apologise if I offended anyone.

If I had a faster connection, with more bandwith, I wouldn't have a problem with installing the adware to support daemon-tools. Like I said, as soon as I get the money, and when D-Tools Pro comes out, I'm buying a license.

Anyone know if V-ide drives are still planned for the pro version, and how much it'll cost for a license?

Anyone know if Starforce, Securom, or Safedisc are already working on a method to blacklist V-IDE Drives?

Btw, Daemon Tools Rock
              Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
              Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

The License cost about 15$ Bucks and is for DT4. When you purchase it now you will get Pro as a free upgrade, and yes v-ide is still DT Pro related.
                sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
                  As a computer repair pro
                  So which programs would you recommend as AV and firewall? Personally i have been using Norton IS for a number of years now and never had problems. I often hear people complaining about Norton products though.
                  I am asking to make sure i know where to go if something went wrong.

Comment

Norton IS made my computer terrible slow.
                    I use ZoneAlarm and BitDefender.
                    Kapersky Antivirus makes my computer crash with a BSOD every boot.

Comment

I prefer NOD32 AV and standard Win Firewall. Protects myself very good.
                      sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

I also use Nod32 and Kerio.

Comment

i use the same staff as mystique does. works like a charm...
                          My sysProfile!

Comment

Avast and ghostwall on my main, Outpost and Avast on my notebook, shorewall on my server... and a router w/ firewall on it...
                            Carpe diem

Comment

I use a combination of NOD32 for AV, router+Windows Firewall for inbound protection and Ghost Security's AppDefend for outbound traffic monitor (streamlined down to just network traffic).

Comment

Working...
                              X