Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow DVD/RW speed

Hi,
    Ever since i unstalled DT V4 the speed of my LG GSA-4163B has dropped considerably. Before DT V4, i use to be able to burn via Nero at speed of 4x~8x now its only reading/writing DVDs at a speed of 400~600kb/s. so what use to take 30mins takes over 2 hours. I've tried uninstall/re-install Nero, followed the procedure of uninstall DT V4 via forum and re-installing SPTD but to no avail. Still using same brand of DVD-R. Last option is to reformat HDD but given thats really a pain i dont want to do it if there'a another way.
    Has anyone had similar problems and found a solution? that would be great. Does DMA have anything to do with it?? Cheers.

PC specs.
    P4 3.0
    512mb RAM
    80G HDD
    LG GSA-4163B
    Nero V6.3.1.26
    DVD shrink V3.2
    DVD Region Free + CSS V5.12

slow DVD speed

Hi,
    I just installed DT V4 and have found that my DVD/RW speed slows down considerably. I've tried uninstalling DT V4, Nero V6 and re-installing Nero but the speed is slow as! What use to take 30mins takes over 2 hrs now. has anyone had similar problems and found a solution? I think its must of been DT V4 as that was the only thing i installed.

PC specs.
    P4 3.0
    512mb RAM
    80G HDD
    LG GSA-4163B
    Windows XP
    Nero V6
    DVD shrink V3.2
    DVD region free + CSS

Comment

Check in device manager if DMA is still active (the actual active mode!).
      Also try to disable SPTD layer in registry editor. Run regedit and browse to the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
      Change the value "Start" (DWORD) to 4 (i.e. disabled), reboot, and check if it helps.
      To re-enable SPTD service change the "Start" value back to 0.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Did you install a StarForce game?
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
        X