Question for DT pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for DT pro

Is there a info, that with DT pro we can run games protected with StarForce 3.6.xx.xx, like Prince Of Percia T2T without unplugin our CD/DVD-roms?

DT Pro will have a virtual IDE drive (atm it is SCSI).
    And with this vIDE it should be able to break your SF Game, without unplugging.
    But DT Pro won't be for free.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

If that is 100% sure and can break any SF game - I'll buy DT pro immediately when it come out ^^ TnX for the info

Comment

Prince of persia T2t can be run without unplugging by buying a Sil6080 ide controller, and plugging your dvd rw into that
        we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

pop t2t can be run with disabling the ide controller(view/devices by connection)!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Snake5
            pop t2t can be run with disabling the ide controller(view/devices by connection)!!!
            But only if you have a NForce 3/4 motherboard.
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
              DT Pro will have a virtual IDE drive (atm it is SCSI).
              And with this vIDE it should be able to break your SF Game, without unplugging.
              But DT Pro won't be for free.
              same here, if this is 100% true i will buy daemon tools soon as its out

Comment

ok lets go more in detail.

will it run games which actually dont work, even with unplugged IDE drives?
                or does that mean it will only run those games which already work when unplugging?

Comment

that will be answered when DT Pro is released.

I can tell you that even next free-version will support newest
                  Starforce (with unplugged ide-drives of course)

Comment

Its no more ATAPI check in starforce from 3.7.13.01 version. No need to unplug drivers.
                    For older version of staforce is need to unplug drivers.

Comment

With the motherboard ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, games protected with SF 3.7.16.00 (and maybe previous but I don't have try) can be run successfully in a virtual drive of DT 4.03HE

P5W DH Deluxe have a i975X and ICH7R chipsets.

Comment

One question about DAEMON Tools Pro:

Will there be Service Pack 2 necessary when installing/using it on Windows XP or will DT Pro also work on XP with SP1 only?

Greetz,
                        MontyBurns1985

Comment

I dont understand why people use Windows XP SP1. SP2 is more stable.
                          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

Not to mention that pretty soon MS will drop support (if they haven't already) for XP versions that are not running SP2.

Comment

It's more than probable... I'd say fairly certain. They prefer working on systems with the same base.
                              Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                              X