Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Daemon Tools Professional-freeware or shareware

Experienced User

Default Trial version planned?

Can LoB or someone els in-the-know explain why there isn't going to be a trial version planned with the new DT licence strategy?

A time-limited week/month DT Pro version would at least allow potential customers to see for themselves what protections it hopefully copes with.

This issue is important as there are potential hardware issues that affect the functionality...or maybe there's going to be published a list of supported/unsupported hardware requirements ??
    Last edited by professorx : 05.09.2006 at 14:47

such a trial versions would open the door for hackers and crackers and i doubt that it is in the interest of the dt team that their product, which they spent months of hard work in, is easily cracked.

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy_xyz
    such a trial versions would open the door for hackers and crackers and i doubt that it is in the interest of the dt team that their product, which they spent months of hard work in, is easily cracked.
    Buying a full version is all about principles and supporting the developers...at a reasonable price! I would be very naive to think that a retail version would never be shared. In reality, I'd be surprised if DT Pro wasn't available on a shared network within weeks if not hours/days of such a "hot" product release along with a valid activation code.

This strategy merely endorses some of the cracking groups ethics "...if you like the program, buy it!"

Quote Originally Posted by professorx
    Buying a full version is all about principles and supporting the developers...at a reasonable price!
    i think 15€ is a very reasonable price for dt, it's nothing that hurts my bank account.

...if you like the program, buy it!"
    that's why i decided to support the dt team.

Experienced User

What guarentee do I have that I will like DT Pro, i.e. it works on my machine with Flat Out 2 and Darkstar One, without buying it first?

OMFG

thats a useless discussion in my eyes. how to you know if you like a game before you buy it (there aren't demos for every game) or if it even works (bugs, etc.)

there won't be a demo for dt pro and thats it.

Experienced User

Reden

What guarentee do I have that I will like DT Pro, i.e. it works on my machine with Flat Out 2 and Darkstar One, without buying it first?
    Did you test Windows before you bought it?

Experienced User

I guess some people are happy to part with money for something that they can only hope will work

Any product migrating from shareware to be fully commercial without a try-before-you-buy should come with some refund policy or hardware compatibility requirements.

I'll bet anyone that the price will reflect a commercial product and will be much higher that 15 euros!

I'm just a consumer like the rest of you but hey...feel free to flame me if you've nothing better to do.

As for Windows...if I could get my money back I would! Now that's one piece of s**t that should be freeware.
    Last edited by professorx : 06.09.2006 at 13:31

Any product migrating from shareware to be fully commercial without a try-before-you-buy should come with some refund policy or hardware compatibility requirements.
    there will always be a non commercial version of dt available, even if dt pro is out. just stick to this one, as you already use it.

any info on what will be included in DT pro?

can it beat the newest starforce versions?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast