Daemon Tools Professional-freeware or shareware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Professional-freeware or shareware

Q: Is Daemon Tools Professional going to be freeware or shareware?

None of both. Atm no trial version is planned. You have to buy a license.

Comment

its still worth it

Comment

It really will depend on the price...and if I need to pay for it,as a customer I'll DEFINATELY expect better responses to all types of questions (as I expect this post to be quietly edited away)

Comment

Originally Posted by DaGuesingman
          It really will depend on the price...and if I need to pay for it,as a customer I'll DEFINATELY expect better responses to all types of questions (as I expect this post to be quietly edited away)

so why are you on this forums anyway, just for complaining?

Comment

Imo, responses here on the forum are superb - fast and professional. Even if you are no customer and did not pay a single cent for DT. And if you are a customer, responses are even faster.
            And nothing gets edited away, by the way.

Comment

Originally Posted by DaGuesingman
              Why do you expect this posting to be quietly edited away?
              What makes you believe we do censorship here?

What exactly do you mean? Please explain it to me, thank
              you in advance

We have even special forums for our customers and a ticket-system and in general we
              try to answer the questions ASAP.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                Why do you expect this posting to be quietly edited away?
                What makes you believe we do censorship here?

What exactly do you mean? Please explain it to me, thank
                you in advance

We have even special forums for our customers and a ticket-system and in general we
                try to answer the questions ASAP.
                Yes, I agree with the fast answers, everything goes very quick, ever for non customers.

Little question, are new life-time registrations coming back?
                CureROM Support Team

Comment

I Was referring to the novel of the vista thread, that has many questions and various answers, none that are consistant. Yes I understand it is a beta program and support will be there when it is a retail product. Yet I felt more than one response was "from the high and mighty" to a lowly average user.
                  Don't get Me wrong I'll be glad to pay for it! And I do understand answering the same question for the billionth time can be frustraiting. Yet treating possible paying customers in a retail situation like that would possibly lead to a swift kick in the arse or worse a quick exit to the unemployment line. I'm not in any way trying to be offensive its the "are you here to complain" things that make me wonder? Who knows the next guy who gets a response like that may have been looking to buy say a thousand liscened copies but quickly changed His mind.

Comment

There was a clear statement right away:
                    There will be NO support for any particular beta build - and that's it.
                    The history of betas and changes in kernel patch protection etc. showed how senseless such work would've been.
                    Anyhow our beta tests of upcoming Daemon Tools version showed that it is working fine in RC1.
                    And someone interested in buying thousand licenses is rather interested in a working product in the final retail version, 'cause he won't run thousands of Vista betas.
                    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Trial version planned?

Can LoB or someone els in-the-know explain why there isn't going to be a trial version planned with the new DT licence strategy?

A time-limited week/month DT Pro version would at least allow potential customers to see for themselves what protections it hopefully copes with.

This issue is important as there are potential hardware issues that affect the functionality...or maybe there's going to be published a list of supported/unsupported hardware requirements ??
                      Last edited by professorx; 05.09.2006, 13:47.

Comment

such a trial versions would open the door for hackers and crackers and i doubt that it is in the interest of the dt team that their product, which they spent months of hard work in, is easily cracked.

Comment

Originally Posted by burnsy_xyz
                          such a trial versions would open the door for hackers and crackers and i doubt that it is in the interest of the dt team that their product, which they spent months of hard work in, is easily cracked.
                          Buying a full version is all about principles and supporting the developers...at a reasonable price! I would be very naive to think that a retail version would never be shared. In reality, I'd be surprised if DT Pro wasn't available on a shared network within weeks if not hours/days of such a "hot" product release along with a valid activation code.

This strategy merely endorses some of the cracking groups ethics "...if you like the program, buy it!"

Comment

Originally Posted by professorx
                            Buying a full version is all about principles and supporting the developers...at a reasonable price!
                            i think 15€ is a very reasonable price for dt, it's nothing that hurts my bank account.

Originally Posted by professorx
                            ...if you like the program, buy it!"
                            that's why i decided to support the dt team.

Comment

What guarentee do I have that I will like DT Pro, i.e. it works on my machine with Flat Out 2 and Darkstar One, without buying it first?

Comment

Working...
                              X