Norton AV Killing Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton AV Killing Install

I am trying to install DT Version 4.o3x86. I get through the installation and Norton comes up with an issue with Adware.Savenow http://www.symantec.com/security_res...080414-3713-99

I then procede to tell the install to start DT now (I've tried the install a few times) and instantly the machine locks up. No BSOD, it just plain hangs.

When I hard reboot, I get this error:
    Initialization error.
    This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.24 or higher.

I have even manualy tried to install the newest SPTD 1.25 with the same results at boot.

Another note: I have nothing in my add/remove programs after the DT install.

I have registered today for the Pro version. I assume I'll get download link in the mail in the next day or so. Will the addware still be in the pro version?

I really need to get this going today so I can burn some disks... any help would be great!

Originally Posted by wanabegates
    Another note: I have nothing in my add/remove programs after the DT install.
    This is normal.

I have registered today for the Pro version. I assume I'll get download link in the mail in the next day or so. Will the addware still be in the pro version?
    You get your serial number for pro version per email when pro version becomes available or will this changed LocutusofBorg? . You can download it (when available) under Downloads/DAEMON Tools Supporters normally.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

OK, I can accept that there is nothing in add/remove programs... but when I try to Uninstall (from the install directory)... it errors out as well. If I execute the DT executable to run it (before the uninstall attempt), again my system freezes. Nothing in the event viewer either... just thought I'd mention that.

Comment

I really need to get this going today so I can burn some disks... any help would be great!
        First, DT Pro is not finished yet. There is not ETA for it's completion. It will be ready WID. As for your last statement, you do realize that neither DT nor DT Pro support burning, right? DT is only virtual drives, and DT Pro only adds image creation, not image burning. If you want to burn images, get Alcohol 120.

Comment

Of course I realize that... I've been using the product since for at least 5 years. I love it... only I get nothing in the tray to add disks and when I try to start it for the first time (to get it to show up in the tray) it locks up the OS (No BSOD) and I have to hard reset/reboot. At this point... I just want it to run.

Oh, and after finally reading a few other posts, I did realize that the Pro version is not finished... Happy to help move the cause along! Cash always helps get things going! I can't wait till it's out!

Comment

Looks like someone else is having the same issue I am http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t130...mon-tools.html

Comment

Working...
            X