Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Possible 2 run FEAR 1.06?

2nd attempt
    @sYk0
    Of course it isn't meant that way, just out of curiousity:
    Does a mini image work for you when you test it after playing with full image ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terramex
    2nd attempt
    @sYk0
    Of course it isn't meant that way, just out of curiousity:
    Does a mini image work for you when you test it after playing with full image ?
    It shouldnt work because FEAR.exe is checking it everytime you launch it...

WAAAAAAAAAAH, cant run FEAR SP!!!

Nighttotal2, you can always use your original disc, can't you?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Yes yes, now it is somewhere in junkyard

and what's funny about that? I suggest you go somewhere else with your problem. It's amazing how hard it must be to understand that we despise software piracy.

The rules clearly state that talking about warez is not allowed here. That does include implied piracy as well as explicit talk about it.

Find some other place to get help with your 'lost' FEAR disc. You obviously don't have it, so you're not entitled to play it. If you've lost it, tough luck.

And concerning any other games you might want to talk about here: If you only so much as hint at the fact that you don't have those games either, you'll be banned. Permanently.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Default Image generation software

After reading a bit in these forums (first post here) Alcohol 120% seems to be the software of choice for generating Images....

I have ISOBuster and I kind of thought it would do a thorough job, but I can't get FEAR to work (And I have the original DVD right beside me, including serial number - it's just a pain in the rear to keep all my discs around the computer).

Is ISObuster a good choice? Am I making a mistake elsewhere?

I'm using the latest Daemon tools version.

Shane.

Experienced User

iso buster can not record the copy protection data... so no.. you need to use alcohol or blindwrite or something that can do the job

Experienced User

There's a free version of Alcohol 52% now, which should be able to create good images.

Default 120% or 52%

What's the difference between alcohol 52% and 120%.

I downloaded the trial version of 120% and in combination with asr.exe, I got it to work eventually (After creating an image at 2x DPR detection speed).

Now I'll try applying the newest patch for FEAR and see if it still works.

Thanks guys

Shane.

The difference between Alc 120% and Alc 52%, is that Alc 52% only can CREATE images. Alc 120% is also able to BURN them. So there is a free version of Alc 52% for personal use.
    Just visit their website. Both of them can mount images but the free version of ALc 52% can only 4 virtual drives. The licensed version can create up to 31 drives.
    Last edited by AnalCobra : 26.09.2006 at 21:07

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast