Possible 2 run FEAR 1.06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible 2 run FEAR 1.06?

Is it possible to launch FEAR with patch 1.06?

Of course, just insert original disc and start the game.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Yes it is possible.You can use mini image ( get one from gamecopyworld.com if you can't do it yourself ) + SecuROM Loader 1.2 ( you can download it from this site ) or latest CureROM ( curerom.net )

Comment

Thanks, I have tried it (that SecuROM Loader 1.2 with mini-image) but when I am going to start it, I get this error: Please remove disc from the current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive F:.

What now?

Comment

You could try to start the game in the compatability mode (win2000 or Win98) or just easy use your orignal cd

Comment

Try the compatibility mode trick or just try the latest CureROM instead of asr 1.2

Comment

1.07 patch is out.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Looks like MP is now a seperate executable. Maybe it won't require the CD anymore. Otherwise, they'd be punishing the people who bought the game and not those who are playing for free. I'm downloading it now and will check when I get home.

Comment

According to Fileplanet, this 1.07 patch is compatible with both US and International versions. But when I try to run it, it states that it is only compatible with US versions and then it quits.

I guess I need to wait for a UK version of the patch (or download the free F.E.A.R. Combat game tomorrow).

Comment

Thanks! 1.06 works now!

But, there is new patch 1.07
                    I have tried it to install but I got the same thing as Reef. And there is also you need patch 1.07 to run Fear: Combat

Waiting for my version of the 1.07 patch...

Comment

I am not sure this will help you but why don't you try to change your reginal settings in control panel.

Comment

That wont work because patch is different version as my FEAR.

Comment

Ok guys, I have found a fix for that 1.07 patch for non-US gamers. Check this:

I am just downloading that file and if it will work for me I'll tell.

Comment

F.E.A.R. 1.07 should work with both CureROM and ASR 1.2, it's just that the updated version of SecuROM (for F.E.A.R.) checks some files on the disc (size, read data, ect...)

I tried with a mini-image... NO GO...
                            Made a full image, works 100%...
                            Mail:
                            curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

For the record, FearMP.exe - while protected by SecuROM 7.24 - does not require the DVD to be inserted while playing. Haven't checked the SP version yet, but I'm sure it still requires it.

Comment

Working...
                              X