Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Burn to Daemon Virtual CD? from ITunes?

Default Burn to Daemon Virtual CD? from ITunes?

I'd like to burn to a virtual cd from ITunes. Is this possible? If so, how?

Experienced User

Hi bob

It's not possible, DT allows you only to mount an existing image file for read only access.

Default Ztekware Original CD Emulator

A company once made such a product but the reviews and compatibility seem poor.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=432773
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Experienced User

Seems last update of that product are kinda out of date... back to 2002... Quite old for a company relliing on only one product
    Carpe diem

There's another outfit that sells virtual CD/DVD burning software. I haven't tried it, so carpe diem:

http://www.virtualcd-online.com/

Daumen hoch Virtual CD v8 Works GREAT!!!

Thanks for the lead.

Default ...

I will have to remember this next time I use Itunes.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Frage I need this too!!

I would like a virtual CD Burner so that I can use the Audible.com Audible Manager to create ISO files (or another format) of my audio books. This way I can have the audio books in WAV format without burning 10-15 CDs for each book. Then I can store the WAV files on a DVD-R instead of 15 CDs per book. Better yet, I could convert the WAV files to MP3 or WMA.

I beleive the Audible Manager uses RoxioSDK for burning, but will only allow converting content to WAV format when burning CDROM from within the program.

Please help!

Experienced User

hmm, try using nero, it can make the nrg or iso format, and can burn direct mp3->audio cd, probably the easiest option for your audio book stuff..

I suppose those files are DRM protected in some way so they cannot be converted to any other format except by burning them to CD-R with either AudibleManager (their proprietary software) or iTunes. This is quite the hassle, which is what munchymuncher is trying to bypass. A virtual CD-R drive could be used by AudibleManager and iTunes, such that you'll get .wav files as output instead of an actual CD.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast