Do you put ketchup on your eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ketchup, why?

estimablesir, how do eat your eggs? Hard boiled? fried? Cause I can accept the idea with hard eggs... but on fried...
    Carpe diem

Comment

Depends on completely how the eggs are prepared (including stuffing), if I would even consider it!

Generally, no ketchup, but on some occasions it's ok, if the eggs are prepared in such a way it suites it.

Salt is a must, however.

Comment

Originally Posted by FordPrefect
        @estimablesir: Did you ever try salt on your eggs? That is the way I eat them. Egg yolk has to be liquid.
        Yes, I usually put the salt into the eggs though as I'm cooking them.

@Kinlaadare I eat my eggs all sorts of ways. I generally like them runny. But I also like a cheese omlet, with peppers, onions, and tomatoes.

Comment

hell no, lots of cracked pepper and nothing else

Comment

Damn, apprently I'm alone in my ketchup affair.

Comment

Seems so

By the way, fried eggs and chili are worth the try too.
              Carpe diem

Comment

Hey i don't even eat egg

Comment

Well I'm proud to say that, this week I had an egg and cheese sandwhich WITH ketchup.

Comment

hehehe, you guys are makin' me hungry

i love eggs, boiled, fried, poached, omlettes whatever

it all depends how the eggs are prepared and how i'm eating them at the time
                    i could only put ketchup on fried eggs if i was making a sandwich with other fried food like sausage, bacon, etc.

hard boiled eggs are nice mashed with mayonaise

a plain fried egg sandwich is lovely with a bit of HP Sauce and some grated cheese, not sure how many of you guys will have heard of HP sauce, so:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Sauce

Comment

My wife and kids all use Ketchup on their eggs. As for me Ketchup is not meant to be put on eggs.

btw... do you say Ketchup or Catsup? If this was already mentioned, too bad. I'm too lazy to read all these posts.

Comment

I've never seen Catsup in that thread

And I'm to lazy to google for Catsup... 't is something for the cats?
                        Carpe diem

Comment

You never heard of Ketchup being called Catsup?

I believe Ketchup/Catsup was originaly a Chinese fish sauce and the name Catsup is closer to the Chinese sounding name then is Ketchup. Something like this.

Google it, I'm too lazy to write more.

Comment

yeah I've heard ketchup being called catsup, in fact it briefly mentions it on wikipedia.com

Comment

I don't think the combination of ketchup and egg is for me... at least I can't imagine the taste. maybe I'll try it out sometime...

I usually eat soft-bioled eggs with salt and hard-boiled ones with either mayonnaise or salt. Where I come from mayonnaise is pretty common for eating eggs. For French fries (i.e. potatoe chips) I also prefer mayonnaise to ketchup.

About the origins of ketchup: did you know that the Romans had something similar in taste which was made of slightly rotten fish? *shudder*

Comment

hmm i used to when i was younger.. now, not so much. sure brings me back tho. those were the days, the messy and sticky days.

The rest of the post was deleted and the user was banned for violation of board rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X