Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Cannot Uninstall Daemon Help Me Pls!

Default Cannot Uninstall Daemon Help Me Pls!

I am in the dog house at work faster than you can say dog house if i dont get this problem sorted.

I installed WC3 Frozen THrone a game at work and used deamon tools to emulate a drive for the disk. only problem is that the admin guy is coming to work soon and i never want him to see it but here i present my problem. The normal disk drive isnt working so i cant read any disks and i think the admin guy will think it was deamon tools if he finds it

I cant find it in add remove programs so i deleted the source file in /C: thinking that the MDR file thats in use by daemon cud be deleted... Wrong i still cannot delete the marginally obvious file called WC3.MDR from my desktop and somewhere daemon is still installed on my computer which i cant find.

Please help me or its bye bye lovely salery with easy as hell job for me

(Summary: How can i delete daemon for good so i get rid of the emulated drive and can in turn delete the image file from my desktop so its not in use by a seemingly invisible program?)

Experienced User

In the directory where you installed DT is a file called "uninst.exe". Execute this and DT will be uninstalled.

Experienced User

and if that doesn't work you could always act inoccent. If the IT guys name is Brad and he confronts you about it say..."Brad, I have NO idea how that could have found it's way on the computer! Clearly, someone broke in last night and installed it, couldn't have been anyone here NOOOO way."

Please help!
    I have tryed removing deamon tools, and get a error that in windows\installer\deamon.msi is missing. Found the file and inserted it manually and the comes up that the file ˇ_E08399B558......ˇ canot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file....

No idea what to do next i can install the any version of deamon, because it allways detects an older version on the system. Cant manually delete whatever is left of the old one.

Tnx

Master

Download the attached utility. It's from Microsoft, and allows for manual removal of any program that uses the Microsoft Installer (.msi).
    Attached Files Attached Files