• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-T installs OK, shows files in image, but WinDVD won't play movie

Operating System: XP SP1
    Burning Software: cdrwin
    Anti-virus Software: norton antivirus 2003 professional
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

Daemon Tools installs without incident. I can mount a bin/cue image and view the files contained in that image. However, when I try to view the SVCD contained in the image in WinDVD, the program just sits there. No errors, just no action.

WinDVD plays burned SVCDs in the DVD drive OK, but not in the virtual drive.

Any ideas??

Thanks......

How you made image?

Comment

please try to play the avseq1.mpeg file in the mpeg2 folder and report back if this works.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
        please try to play the avseq1.mpeg file in the mpeg2 folder and report back if this works.
        This works fine.

Comment

I don't see reply to my question.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
            How you made image?
            The image was created using VCDEasy v1.1.2

If the image is burned to a CD, it plays fine. It's only when using Daemon-Tools to create a virtual drive that I have a problem with WinDVD playing the image.

Comment

If you dump from virtual drive in some program - do you see some errors?

Comment

This works fine.
                ok, what I've expected

Try to adjust the active drive in WinDVD, then WinDVD starts to playback from Virtual Drive, too

Comment

In WinDVD, the source drive is already set to the Daemon-Tools virtual drive. (Is this what you mean?) It still does not play the virtual SVCD. I've also played with the XP autoplay settings, but those don't seem to help either.

Comment

strange, we'll check it and report back here soon!

Till then, use direct file-play instead as a first workaround

Comment

Interesting, I have the same problem with windows media plyer, except i've burned a vcd (not svcd). Like ratel, I created vcd with VCDEasy and virtual drive won't play but burner will.

Comment

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I decided to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of WinDVD. I had trouble deleting all of the files pertaining to WinDVD. Had to go into safe mode to delete some of the files, because XP wouldn't let them go (even after removing the program in "ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS". I also deleted all references to the program in the registry.

After this, I reinstalled WinDVD. Now, it's working properly. The problem was with a botched installation of WinDVD, not D-T.

Thanks for all the support...

ratel

Comment

Working...
                        X