No announcement yet.

Error on Win Vista X86 RC1 5600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was how us x64 users felt for months before DTools finally released DT4 for x64. It took some adjusting to not having virtual drives. But with Vista there is some versions that still work, so it's not quite the same (that, and Vista is still beta). Be patient, it will come.

Comment

3.41 works and no activation issues after install. Don't need emulation right now so this version is cool.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        Daemon Tools does not officially support Windows Vista yet. There may still be changes to come, so keeping Daemon Tools compatible to non-final versions of Vista has no priority at the moment. It may work, but it may not work as well.

Of course we will do our best to have Daemon Tools compatible with Vista when it's released. For now, please don't ask about help with Vista-related issues - again, it's not supported yet.
        If you don't support Vista then why does it list it on the download page??? Am I doing something wrong?

THIS VERSION SUPPORTS 32BIT OS (Windows XP, Windows2003, Windows 2000, VISTA) ONLY !!
        I am running the Vista RC1 that I downloaded from Microsoft.

Comment

Originally Posted by lukemccoy
          If you don't support Vista then why does it list it on the download page??? Am I doing something wrong?
          This was for vista beta2... it meant that 5384 is compatible with latest dt.
          http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by Cygon
            If the only problem with the current DT version is that it's blocked, will it work when you disable file integrity checks AND uap?

eg.

Bcdedit.exe -set nointegritychecks ON

%SystemRoot%\system32\msconfig.exe -> tools tab -> disable uap -> launch

I'd love to try out Windows Vista but working without a virtual drive is extremely inconvenient

-Markus-
            nope, doesn't work

Comment

Hi All ...

I'm dissapointed
              I tried latest Build 5728 and guess what?
              Nothing from daemon tools works on it... not even v3.33 or v3.41

Here is a screen of the situation. The scsi driver ain't the problem here, its the scsi dvdrom driver that is not working.

On the other side alcohol120% installs for the first time on Vista....but the virtual drive doesn't work...i'm still happy to be able to burn and create mds iso's

Check this:http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../Capture-5.png
              Last edited by sfkilla23; 23.09.2006, 12:15.

Comment

Good thing they didn't release an update to DTools yet then. This is what happened to me on Beta 2. I was waiting for DTools for Beta 2. I upgraded from Beta 2 to the next build. The next day, DTools was released for Beta 2. I thought, "Great, I'll download this and then be all set." Downloaded, but then it wouldn't work. After actually READING the posts on the problem, I was able to find a solution. It might be an older version, but yes, it is better than what happened with 64bit. I am glad I read this post too. I was just about to upgrade to the next build. Although, I do wonder if upgrading would let the driver slip though. Might try it AFTER I make an image of my hard drive.

Comment

I don't think the upgrade will work...
                  I tried upgrade & fresh install and got the same error.
                  Its a pity not one version works on this 5728 build.
                  I feel that the team will release something soon...
                  I'm using poweriso which does it all (at least llike v3.33 did)

Comment

Re: Error on Win Vista X86 RC1 5600

Originally Posted by unMatChedProWess
                    Hey are we abandoning the 5384.4 thread and are moving instead to this one? Great.
                    Indeed, it looks like everyone is posting here. I'll remove the 'All posts go here' title from the last thread.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I can get the DT to install on RC1 by disabling the Program Compatibilty Engine NOT the File Integrity Checks.

Start -> Run and enter 'gpedit.msc' then Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Application Compatibility then double click Turn Of Application Compatibilty Engine select Enable then click OK.

Unfortunately after you've got it to install it won't run. You get the error 'Unable to add adapter. Unable to open file in kernel mode'.

So who knows how to fix that one?

Comment

Just wait for next Daemon Tools version, it will include a new sptd layer and it should work.
                        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                        X