Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please make Daemon able to mount DAA files

That would be Great,but it doesnt, not like right now,

it would be handy instead of useing poweriso...

just a suggestion.

See this and this.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

no, we will not support PowerISO, these "copycats" just
      copy/pasted our design without notify us, therefore we
      consider them as "unfriendly". Moreover we will take pre-
      cautions so that new images can't be read by other
      emulators anymore, f.e. only DT can open DT Pro-imagefiles.
      Except for Alcohol, only Alcohol can open DT Pro
      image-files and vice versa.

It can't be that some authors have nothing better to do
      to participate on others work and even without any notice
      to us. Therefore you will never see .daa-support

See also this link:
      http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t125...-question.html

Comment

Are there plans to support any other new formats in the future?
        For example, I'd like very much to have support for ratDVD-Images, as it is a very space-saving format for Video-DVD's at a high quality and it includes the full menu-structure.

Comment

yes, we will include further new formats. We only do not
          support the Poweriso-format

Comment

I find it a silly argument that you wont support daa or other formats just because they didnt ask permission. This is just how the world works. Its just a little healthy competition. I can understand your frustration but dont get mad, get even. I would suggest out competing them by supporting all of these formats thereby making their product redundant. Right now if i need to read daa then i'm forced to use poweriso, hence theres not much need to use daemon tools. I might as well use poweriso. Daemon tools dont offer much more than all the other clones do format wise. So take my advice and stay ahead of the competition by being the best out there and support every format there is. Thats what the people(me) really want

Mike.

Ps. I could really use uif support as well

Comment

If they stole anything from DT, they should burn in hell. Why should we support them?
              Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
              Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
              Schreibt mir eine PN!
              If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

rivalry is healthy competition
                theft is not, theft is essentially competing against yourself..

the dt team seem quite decent and open about discussing things, if anyone wanted to code plugins, add in gui etc, i have yet to see anyone get a simple 'no' etc... so im sure if the poweriso people had have done the decent thing then perhaps the dt teams stance on the issue might be different... i can completely understand (and i 100% agree) with their approach regarding this format....

as for 'all the other clones'... quite a few of those programs use the older dt 'engine', others simply cloned / built on the concept.. if you look back in the past, the dt/alc team were the leaders in the virtual technology, others jumped on the bandwagon to make a quick buck and their products put simply are shit in comparison even today...
                my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I agree that it's pretty lousy of the rival companies to steel what essentially is dts. However i dont think its a good idea to just sit idle by and let them do it. So I say either sue the bastards or beat them at thair own game. Out compete them. Steal their formats. The problem is that I'm forced to use their products when i'd prefer to use use dt. Thats why i would like to see dt show a little teeth instead of a frown.

Mike.

Comment

but you are not forced to use poweriso - except you got your
                    image(s) from someone else. But DT is here to support you
                    to create YOUR images from your OWN discs, not from down-
                    loaded stuff. Said this, I cant see where DT Team "Idles" here
                    around.

What we currently support and what you currently get by
                    DT Pro Advanced is - imho - atm THE best virtual drive
                    technology. PLUS: We profed all those people wrong that
                    thought we would only update our new flagship so-so, instead
                    we continue to improve it not only by making the virtual drive
                    engine better and better, but also by add new functions to
                    the application (be it the encryption, the image converter,
                    the compression etc etc), we always "invent" our product
                    new, always question ourselfes "couldnt this work better
                    somehow". Since last year, alot on this portal happend, we
                    improved our technology alot and this is MAIN reason imho
                    WHY we have that huge success - people do not pay >30
                    for shit, you agree?

Now we even made first steps in other directions to give
                    our users even better experience with our tools, e.g.
                    Astroburn which has low memory footprint and works out of
                    the box even with newest BluRay or HD-DVD (and is nicely
                    integrated into DT Pro Adv., too!), new DT Lite,
                    where we improved the interface alot (imho) and offer
                    additional services like the new daemon-search. Of course
                    its your choice to use those new services, but in general,
                    people are impressed.

And as always rest assured: we're in the middle of some nice
                    new features for our products!
                    We improve our support-team with native speakers of alot
                    of languages and and and...

Of course, when you're just downloading stuff in .daa format,
                    then there's nothing we can do for you. However, we think
                    about the possibility now to include .daa format to our
                    converter, so that you can at least convert .daa images to
                    our native .mds/mdf format.

Its all your choice...

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
                      but you are not forced to use poweriso - except you got your image(s) from someone else.
                      This happens quite often. And I'm not talking about illegal / warez stuff, I work in a large company where quite some people create and work with images in different formats. I don't know why they prefer .DAA, nor can I change it all, it's just a fact.

I understand why you have reasons to be against PowerIso, but deliberately NOT supporting .DAA does NOT make DT more popular. Really, it just doesn't help you one bit.

Its all your choice...
                      Of course, but the choice would be a lot easier if DT supported .UIF and .DAA as well - gives just one more reason NOT to use crap software like PowerIso anymore.

Including a converter to other formats (iso/mdf/mds/etc) would help a bit, but it's just not convenient.

(PS. in case it helps anyone, here's a free open source prog to convert DAA and UIF to ISO)

Comment

Please understand, that popularity is not the "engine" that
                        motivates us to iplement such feature.

We see that there is demand for such feature, but - like ALL
                        companys - we have also a look to what features our customers
                        want; and .daa is definitly not in top10 in wishlist.

Nevertheless, we THINK about it, as promised. And when there
                        is some spare time, we will implement this. Of course I cant
                        promise you that it will be done very soon, we only promise
                        things that we are sure about, especially since the issues with
                        vIDE, DT V4 and DT Pro in general, we are very very carefull to
                        not bring us again in incomfortable situation.

What I can promise you:
                        We do not deny your request at all. We seriously think about
                        it. Thats all I can promise you now. Should we come to con-
                        clusion that this is worthfull, we will do it and I will post here
                        a small update, so you and everyone else interested in this
                        feature can be sure then that it WILL be implemented
                        (and it shouldnt take too much time).

Also keep in mind: It might be first introduced in DT Pro, as
                        we usually implement in our flagship our new technology and
                        new features first. Time will tell
                        I hope that statement is now more clear and you have some-
                        thing to "work" with now.

Indeed, we have all rights to implement it into DT and of
                        course we want DT/Pro the most advanced and best multi-
                        mounter available now and in future.

I will add a poll to this thread, everyone who is interested
                        in .daa and .uif support should vote here! This poll WILL have
                        influence on our decision, so VOTE!

Comment

Yes, DO!

Well. I, for one, would currently give DT an overall 9/10. My only complaint is this 'not support daa' nonsense. I mean, I think alot of people would like integration of that format (about half the poll), and you do like good user ratings, right? If 50% of your users were like me, and changed their hypothetical rating from 9 to 10, we're talking major god report. It would be good for business, good for users, and good for me. I am often forced to use .daa ( for various reasons); it's probably the second most common format I have to mount (next to ISO). Support would be good, even if it does injure a few egos over there

Comment

I'm voting YES.

Just because PowerISO likes to play sandbox war doesn't mean its justifies others to do so.

To be the best is to support all the best. It doesn't matter who made it or on which terms. Okay, maybe history has a dark past, but you can find the same patterns in competitors everywhere you look.

If the format doesn't qualify in performance, put in a warning message informing of the disadvantages the first time its used.

The matter of importance is to put your own ego aside and think that you're better because you don't throw the sand back. You have job to do and that is to support as many formats in the best possible ways as possible.

Keep up the good work Daemon Tools team, you're the best and you'll make the best decision eventually.

Regards

Comment

reminder

This was a 60 days poll, reminder for everyone to vote - 2 weeks left.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                              X