No announcement yet.

Won't boot, hang in WinXP boot up screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a similar problem but not completely the same .
    I have 2 harddiskes, 1 is maxtor 120G 7200, the other is seagate 40G 5400. When the DT automount the file from maxtor hd , it works normal, whether the part is NTFS or Fat32.But from the seagate hd ,my xp won't boot.
    Actually it isn't really can't boot, it's normal until DT runs. If I don't set DT autostart(not automount), everything is ok but open "My computer" or access the virtual drive.
    This problem has happened to me since DT 4.0.3 , I checked my hds, nothing wrong with them.

CPU : Celeron D 2.66
    RAM : 512 x 2
    mainboard : sis 648
    video card : nvidia fx 5600

My english is poor , sorry for that.

Comment

@M4GIC
      Try pointing it to C:\Windows\inf\cdrom.inf

Comment

Actually, I re-installed DT overtop of itself (before I read your comment) and now it works. We'll just have to see if my computer hangs when I reboot...

EDIT:
        No dice. It hangs on reboot. AH well... It's interesting to note that the computer does not hang when going into safe mode if I elect to load STPD anyway. So the computer will hang when DT and STPD are loaded together but not if just one or the other is.

It makes me wonder what the issue is, since DT works as advertised until that reboot. If STPD is previously on the machine, and then DT is loaded (so it doesn't need to reboot since the STPD is already onboard) everything works until reboot... I don't have any images loaded at shut-down, perhaps something in DT's initialization is what's causing it?

--Its worth noting that I'm using Securom Loader 1.2 (from the downloads section) to usurp Securom on F.E.A.R. Extraction Point (Great game BTW)
        Last edited by M4GIC; 05.11.2006, 02:12.

Comment

SPTDinst-v135-x86.exe did not help to solve my problem
          I think it is not SPTD problem because after installation(and than restart) it was normal...
          So I've inslalled Daemon 4.06 and my Windows died, nothig help, I had to reinstall my WindowsXP

Comment

For me is working in this way: I installed Daemon Tools 4.03 with SPTD 1.25, then the new SPTD driver 1.35 and then the Daemon Tools 4.06. Maybe this info will be usefull to you, guys.

Comment

Hello,
              For me is working in this way: I installed Daemon Tools 4.03 with SPTD 1.25, then the new SPTD driver 1.35 and then the Daemon Tools 4.06. Maybe this info will be usefull to you, guys.
              unbelievable, this one worked after hours of frustration. Just another order of installations (incl. two reboots and two times "Virtual SCSI not detected") and it's done. Thanks.
              no, not that way, don't know what I missed yesterday, maybe just the final reboot, but no booting today, I had to disable SPTD again to boot. Still the same problem.

Regards,
              Thorsten
              Last edited by woof; 06.11.2006, 05:59.

Comment

Originally Posted by chit
                Confirmed. Works for me too. Thanks a million chit!

...now hopefully it stays working.

---

Looks like I jinxed myself with that last line... It stopped working.
                Last edited by M4GIC; 06.11.2006, 23:58.

Comment

I solve this problem :wink:
                  My Audigy SE driver had the same name of some files that Daemon use, I just download the latest version of sound card drivers and now it works great

Comment

I, on the other hand, can't make either daemon 4.06 or sptd 1.35 to work, no matter what I tried (and I tried all of the above). So I am stuck at 4.03, anything newer gives me a BSOD (for a tenth of a sec) during the early boot (Windows loading bar) and goes to restart. I have a 3500 Athlon 64, DFI LanParty Nforce4 Ultra, 1,5GB ram etc etc... Anyone with a solution will be a hero!

Comment

My isssue seemed to stem from NTFS compressed Maxi-Images as described in this thread. Once I decompressed the folder containing my mini/maxi-images, windows nolonger hangs on boot. Also, in retrospect, the hangs only started after I loaded FEAR Extraction Point or C&C TFD (both using compressed maxi images) and then continued until I decompressed the folder.

EDIT:
                      It seems the issue will be fixed with the next release. Apparantly, an experimental version of STPD solves the issue.
                      Last edited by M4GIC; 11.11.2006, 09:12.

Comment

Unlucky, SP2 and SPTD.sys

I've tried several things with not much luck.

PC Specs:
                        ASI P4 2.8Ghz
                        1Gb RAM
                        Creative SB Live!
                        Nvidia Geforce FX5200
                        Windows XP SP2
                        Last night I upgraded from XP SP1 to SP2, Daemon 4.06 was installed on SP1 with no problems, until I loaded SP2, my PC froze on boot. I disabled SPTD.sys to get back into Windows, As soon as I got back into Windows Daemon could'nt run due to Virtual NTSC being corrupt or not found. I uninstalled Daemon manually using RegCleaner from the computer entirely, restarted and used a procedure someone had mentioned on these forums which was the following (After re-enabling SPTD.sys with no trouble) :
                        1)Manually Un-install Daemon
                        2)Install older version Daemon 3.47 and restart
                        3)Upgrade to Daemon 4.06.

It worked, however as soon as I ordered my PC to shut down it basically hung, Once I restarted my PC it wouldn't boot up.

Solution for this?

Yjkader

Comment

I am having the same problem, and have been reading these forums all day in an attempt to fix it. Nothing works. Here's my situation:

I installed the newest version of DT with the older sptd driver. The installation worked fine for a few days, then one morning the computer just would not boot. It hung just after the Windows Loading Bar screen (as most other people have described). I had changed nothing.

I got into safemode by disabling SPTD and deleted the driver. Rebooted fine. I uninstalled DT, installed 3.47. Rebooted just fine. Installed the newest version as an upgrade. Wouldn't reboot. Fixed it the same way, uninstalling all DT again.

Downloaded the newest SPTD from the other website, and tried to install that. Wouldn't reboot.

I really like your program, and would love to keep using it, but I can't figure out what's wrong!

Again, SPTD 1.35 DOES NOT fix the issue for me!

Help me DT programmers--you're my only hope!

Entheogenic

Comment

I'm not sure I understand. The computer worked fine after installing SPTD and Daemon Tools, then a few days later it stops working. Why exactly are you assuming it's caused by DT? Usually, if something is going to go wrong with a program, it will happen right away, not a few days later. There has to be some other mitigating factor. Possibly another program or driver causing a conflict with DT or that DT is conflicting with. Have you installed any new programs or updated any drivers recently?

Comment

Hi everybody.
                              The problem is caused by SPTD for sure. I deleted DT from Run registry key and rebooted in safe mode. Everything seemed ok until i browsed into compressed folder in explorer. At that point my computer hang. Well, not exactly: I still could move mouse cursor, and LED on keyboard responded to NumLock, but nothing beyond this.
                              All this happened to me after i installed some updates to WinXP from Microsoft. Before that i rebooted my computer several times (DS 4.0.6 with automount) and all was fine.
                              Lets hope for quick fix!

Comment

No--I hadn't changed anything. I agree that it doesn't make sense, but this seems to be the norm. DT will work for several boot cycles then randomly (for those who will have problems) stop working. I know it was DT (well, SPTD), because disabling/deleting the driver allows the computer to boot. I've reverted to DT 3.7 with no problems, but it would be nice to use the newest version.

Entheogenic

Comment

Working...
                                X