X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fixed it!!
    It was really simple.
    1) Reboot in safe mode, press Escape when prompted about loading SPTD.SYS
    2) Rename directory with images (i dont remember which one was mounted, so i renamed directory which contains all my images)
    3) Reboot in normal mode
    4) Turn off automount
    5) Rename directory back

The problem in my case apparently was caused by automounting image in compressed NTFS directory. It seems that automounting is done by SPTD driver, not DT! When non-compressed image was automounted, reboots went fine. Upgrading to SPTD 1.35 doesnt change anything.

Comment

The issue with NTFS compression will be fixed with upcoming SPTD layer version.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

That doesn't fix the issue for me--it still hangs even when it isn't automounting. I tried uninstalling DT and installing the new SPTD all on its own, and it still hangs.

Entheogenic

Comment

Originally Posted by Entheogenic
          I tried uninstalling DT and installing the new SPTD all on its own, and it still hangs.
          SPTD 1.37?
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Yes, the newest version that is linked to on the main DT page.

Entheogenic

Comment

I can confirm this.

Using 4.0.8 with SPTD1.37
              Also tested using 4.0.6 with SPTD1.35

System will hang after windows XP bootscreen.

I have tried disabling 'automount' this has NO effect
              I have tried disabling USB Legacy support, this has NO effect

i'm using a fresh install of windows XP SP2 with all autoupdates
              my system is
              GA-K8NXP-SLI (nforce4 socket 939 DDR)
              AMD AthlonXP 64 3200+
              Raid 0

The only way i could get my system back was to disable SPTD from the registry in safemode.
              sometimes using 'last known configuration that worked' does work, but not always.
              anyone not knowing how to edit the registry is buggered if this happens to them.

Comment

For the past two days, I had the same problem with my computer. At first I thought it was a virus. It'd get up to the welcome screen then just freeze the system up. Clicking on a user before it freezes up made it freeze up trying to load windows. I got rid of the welcome screen in safe mode and still the same result.

What lead me to believe it was a virus was because any scans that got in the area of the ISOs [where my downloads are too] or in Program Files [somewhere around where DT is installed] it would freeze up. Taking down all services and all start up programs got me into windows. But when it came to my virtual drives, it would freeze up. I couldn't even uninstall DT, it was really confusing. It wasn't until I stumbled into these forums looking up something totally unrelated on google did I find this thread with the same problems exactly.

My solution to the problem is to download the latest DT that came out just yesterday [4.0.8], run the installer, first uninstall DT when prompted [through the installer], reboot, install DT 4.0.8, and reboot again [uncheck automount just in case]. It now works fine again. Thankfully I found this out before I was forced to do a fresh install of windows.

Comment

Having the same problem with 4.06E and spd1.29. No go after boot screen which only started happening 3-4 weeks after I installed XP completely out of the blue. I narrowed it down to the logitech webcam that if unplugged lets me boot.

I wish somebody found a solution to this as things are getting ugly.

Comment

The Logitech drivers are buggy as hell, be glad it doesn't BSOD all over the place. Better get rid of that crap.
                    Try v4.08 with SPTD layer v1.37 though.
                    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Using 4.0.8 with SPTD1.37 and still have the same problems..

there is no chance of it being a virus as im using original CDs to create ISO which do work upon first install.. just as soon as you reboot... boom system hang! weather i have automount on or not, it makes no difference..

this is a critical bug somewhere.
                      as of now, ive stopped using deamon tools for the moment.. its not worth buggering up my system for.

Comment

@Copytrooper: Do you refer to every Logitech driver or just the webcam driver?

Comment

Thankyou for the information on logitech drivers..

unpluging my logitech webcam stoped the hangs..

if i need to use it i can easily plug it in again after windows has loaded.

Comment

Originally Posted by danbrum26
                            Thankyou for the information on logitech drivers..

unpluging my logitech webcam stoped the hangs..

if i need to use it i can easily plug it in again after windows has loaded.
                            That is true, but it's not a fix. It's a workaround.

Buggy or not, but the logitech drivers have never conflicted with any other software I have, especially to the point of not booting.

Upgrading to 4.08 with 1.37 didn't help.

Comment

Laptop!

Okay, I have discovered I have an incompatible webcam. And while the work around would be great, mine is integrated in my laptop. Any brilliant ideas how to solve this problem when I can't just unplug the camera? Could I just disable it in the device manager?

Comment

First of all, sorry for my poor english

I have the same problem that all, and I don't know if is the same thing to you, buy my pc hangs in the login window when i install 4.06 or 4.08 version of D-tools

BUT, it start to work 10 minutes later if let.
                                At first, works slow, and when i see the task manager, it shows that d-tools uses about 99% of the CPU.

But over other lapsus of minutes, it finally start to work in normal form. Just like it takes a lot of time to set the virtual drives.

Uninstall or deactivate the SPTD is the only form to evade this (but obviously, D-tools stop to work), so i think the problem is in the mount of virtual drivers, y not in the mount of images.

my system is :
                                AMD sempron 2600+, winXP pro sp2 (spanish version)
                                512Mb RAM, MSI 6570E MotherBoard, Nvidia FX5200

thanks for reading

Comment

Working...
                                X