No announcement yet.

Won't boot, hang in WinXP boot up screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any status on this problem? It seems to be a critical issue for a large number of users...

Entheogenic

Comment

We do not know what the problem as we never could reproduce it. We specially bought and tested Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 with latest drivers from Logitech site - absolutely no booting problems no matter how you connect it.
      So status is: "unknown".

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
        We do not know what the problem as we never could reproduce it. We specially bought and tested Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 with latest drivers from Logitech site - absolutely no booting problems no matter how you connect it.
        So status is: "unknown".
        is there something one of us can run to help trace the error? I can reproduce this with no problem...

Comment

First maybe good if you would provide as much info as possible about your hardware and software configuration: what devices present and what drivers are used etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by danbrum26 View Post
            I can confirm this.
            Using 4.0.8 with SPTD1.37
            Also tested using 4.0.6 with SPTD1.35
            System will hang after windows XP bootscreen.
            I have tried disabling 'automount' this has NO effect
            I have tried disabling USB Legacy support, this has NO effect
            i'm using a fresh install of windows XP SP2 with all autoupdates
            my system is
            GA-K8NXP-SLI (nforce4 socket 939 DDR)
            AMD AthlonXP 64 3200+
            Raid 0
            The only way i could get my system back was to disable SPTD from the registry in safemode.
            sometimes using 'last known configuration that worked' does work, but not always.
            anyone not knowing how to edit the registry is buggered if this happens to them.
            I very recently formatted my PC, just got it all working again and then this problem starts for me. I can only assume that it is also Daemon Tools making it hang (I never get into Windows, system restore isn't working and neither is last known good config) as I haven't installed anything else since my last restart.

I have all the updates for Windows and my system is:

ASUS A8NE-FM
            AMD 4200+ X2
            1gb RAM (2x512 ddr400)
            300gb Maxtor SATA HDD
            ATI X800

I've tried turning off automount, uninstalling daemon, removing the sptd.sys and all that, so I'm praying that danbrum26 reads this and can let me know what they did to resolve the issue.

(I'm using 4.08 - the one available on the downloads page)

Comment

I've had the same problem described in the thread ever since 4.0 was released. I keep trying new versions, but nothing fixes it so I use 3.47. However, when I first discovered the issue, here's what I found.

DFI NForce 3 250
              AMD Athlon 64 3000+
              2GB RAM
              Pioneer DVD+RW
              Plextor CD+RW
              120GB SATA
              250GB SATA
              120 IDE

I boot to the SATA drives, but I found if I disconnected the IDE HD the system no longer hung on start-up. Connect it back and it hangs. So I figured that the SPTD got confused when both SATA and IDE drives were connected. To be fair, my motherboard thinks my SATA drives are removable drives which is stupid. Regardless, I didn't want to give up the drive space so I've lived without 4.0.

How many people having this issue have both SATA and IDE hard drives in their machine?

Comment

Same problem here: I have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000. Using (DT) Deamon Tools and have 1 SATA and 2 IDE HDD's. If I disconnect the two IDE HDD's Windows or unplug the Webcam boots fine.

Is it possible to completly remove DT to check if DT is the problem?

Comment

My system also hangs with Logitec QuickCam Sphere MP and the latest drivers 10.4
                  I use a fresh Install of windows Xp Sp2 with only DiscJuggler 4.5 installed no other apps like AnyDVD Nero or VSO drivers

I can only use one at a time QuickCam or DT 4.08 if both are installed System hangs while booting 1-2 seconds before the desktop appears.

My hardware config:
                  Asus P5W with intel 975x chipset
                  2 IDE Drives DVD and DVD/RW
                  1 SATA II WD 250 GB

In my previous system with the same Webcam and DT 4.08 everything was working ok
                  I had 3 IDE Hard drives and 2 DVD roms

If there is something I can do to test or help let me know

Comment

yea i can defintently say that d-tools is the problem for the hang at XP boot issue. i've had the same problem since V4 been released. i only recently got a logitech fusion webcam though but i do have both sata and ide hard-drives installed and i'm not about to unplug the ides just to make d-tools v4 work. i don't see why the staff can't reproduce this problem. sounds like it is pretty annoying for a big group of people. i have tried the fixes.(uninstalling / reinstalling). it works fine for a couple of days or maybe a week then starts again. i'll go back to D tools V3 since i love the program so much

Comment

I solve this problem before updating my audigy drivers but now I start using RAID0 and again, windowsXP wont boot up..

I hope somebody will find the way to fix it

Comment

My hardware config:
                        Asus P5W with intel 975x chipset
                        2 IDE Drives DVD and DVD/RW
                        1 SATA II WD 250 GB

Logitec QuickCam Sphere MP

SPTD 1.39 beta works ok with both DT 4.08 and Logitec webcam

Nice update... my best wishes to all DT crew.

Comment

Where did you get SPTD 1.39 beta ?

Comment

Nevermind ->http://disc-tools.com/download/sptdbeta<- LaTesT SPTD 1.39 beta

It really works! I can not belive it

GOOD JOB!

Comment

Working...
                            X