Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Problem

Hey everyone,

I bought Medal of Honor Pacific Assault a few days ago and I haven't been able to make a working backup using Alcohol 120%. The game runs fine with the original CD's but when I install from the images using Daemon Tools and ProtStop I get an "Insert orginal disc" error whenever i try to play from the image.

I used the safedisc 2/3 profile in alcohol and CureRom to make a profile to run it with,

Has anybody else had this problem with a safedisc 3.20 game? Any success with making a working image?

Cheers Agro,

So, you have an MDS/MDF image?
    Did you install the game from the original discs?
    Try changing the drive letter of you real drive to another letter (using diskmgmt.msc , just type that into start-> run). Then change the letter of the virtual drive, using the dt tray-icon, into the old letter of your real drive,e.g.:
    G = your real drive
    H = your vDrive
    Then change the real drive, e.g. to I and then change the vDrive to G. Try if that works...
    How did you create the image ? Is it a cd/dvd ? i think its on a dvd and for dvds alcohol has no profiles.
    DO you have any other emulation/backup/copy software installed like CloneCD?
    Last edited by AnalCobra; 22.09.2006, 13:31.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Thanks for the reply AnalCobra,

I have installed off the images. When that did not work I uninstalled and reinstalled from the original CD's and played from the original CD's. So I know that it works with the original disc's. The game is on 4 CD's. The only emulation software I have installed is Alcohol 120% build 3823 and Daemon Tools 4.03E. I have NEVER had CloneCD or other such software installed.

I will have a go at changing the drive letters and will post the results.

Comment

Cheers AnalCobra,

Changing the drive letters using the disc manager has resolve the problem. I can now play using my backup images and Daemon tools. So i think that it wanted to use the first DVD drive on my machine instead of the second one that was the Virtual Drivre by default.

Thanks for all the help.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
        X