No announcement yet.

"Invalid Device"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yo. I just installed version 4.06 and still having the same problem described above. Any takers?

Comment

I got the same problem, like Lesoot, after instalation DT 4.06, and I think problem is in sptd driver, new version got the same problem with SCSI proper loading...
      Hope a new version is on the way....

Comment

Originally Posted by evaseive
        After reviewing my hardware profile I discovered my SCSI/RAID controller had a yellow exclamation. It was a code 12. The conflict was -

Interrupt Request 00 used by:
        System timer
        Standard PC

I can't seem to change the irq. code.
        I have the same problem as you. So the only thing we can do is wait for few month for new Daemon which will hopefully solve this problem

Comment

I did get DT ver 3.47 to work. That is all I really need, at least untill 4.? is done with an irq fix.

So for those who can't get 4.03 or 4.06 to work, go back and dl ver. 3.47 and at least have virtual cd.

It works for me with my vintage computer, it should work for you.

Here's me waiting for a fix.

Comment

I am also using 3.47 and becouse of that I am not able tu run some games. Hitman: Blood money, PoP: Two thrones (cd version), Dark Messiah. Their security features (Securom, Starforce etc) is more advanced. I realy hope that new version of Daemon which will not have any irq problems on my PC will come out soon.

Comment

additional question

I have downloaded 4.06x86 on 11/11/06 and installed it. Is this the new version you refer to in the above posts? Because I am still getting the "invalid device" box coming up on my screen. In addition when I go to uninstall the 4.06x86 another box on the screen comes up reading "Unable to remove adapter device ACPI\PNPA000\4&711b3842&0 has rejected specified operation." Was that or is that part of my problem?
              Thank you

WindowsXP Home Edition Version 2002
              Service pack 2
              Intel(R)
              Celeron(R)CPU 2.80GHz
              281.GHZ 512MB of Ram

Comment

No, the required workaround will be in version >4.06 currently in beta test stage, no ETA yet.
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

What exactly causes this error? It used to work perfectly fine, but suddenly it started having that error, with no intervention on my part. Of course, I just recently installed a SATA drive, so that could be it...

Comment

Interrupt Request 00 used by:
                    System timer
                    Standard PC

Comment

I have the same problem...I tryed to install the scsi driver but an error comes...=(!I have also found something that can be intresting...times ago i installed an mp3 player utility...when i recently tryed to uninstall that i had an error that said something about daemon tools...but not read with care...!sorry for my english...i hope you'll understand!=)

Comment

Working...
                      X