Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Invalid User Buffer' by mounting .B5T (Blindwrite) Image with DT 4.06 32bit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by thenational
    djbobo:

If uninstalling 4.06 and reinstalling 4.03 will fix your problem for the time being, after uninstalling DT 4.06, download and run http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=Download&id=87]SPTDinst X86 to remove SPTD 1.29.

Then if you download DT 4.03 it will install SPTD 1.25. This won't obviously help you get 4.06 to work but might be all you were hoping for at the moment.

Hope I was of some help. I have the same problem with 4.06.
    thenational, Thanks for your respond.

Unfortunately, uninstallation of the SPTD 1.29 or the old SPTD driver with the /remove parameter, won't fix the problem. I'm not be able more to use DT (4.03 or 4.06). I have no problem with 4.06 on the same PC with Win XP 64bit version.

Comment

Is image stored on compressed/encrypted NTFS volume?

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
        Is image stored on compressed/encrypted NTFS volume?
        Yes, on a compressed volume.

Comment

Try mounting the image from a non-compressed volume.
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
            Try mounting the image from a non-compressed volume.
            Hello AnalCobra. Thank you for the fast respond.
            Unfortunately, I've got the same error on a FAT32 volume, which is not compressed

Comment

I have no issues after downgrade to V3.47. All images working properly.
              But after upgrade again to 4.06, I've got the same error message (Invalid User Buffer)

Comment

Do the uninstall 4.06 + SPT uninstall, then install 4.03 (it must install the 1.25 STP driver, with its reboot)

The link a few posts earlier points to an 1.25 uninstall, I am not sure whether it works right, I used the 1.29 uninstall too I "captured" off the current alcohol demo version.

So now your program files are the right version, but the registry is still crapped.
                If you use http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ you can go back to the registry you had before (if you make a backup regulary enough like I do), I backup with an desktop link: C:\Programme\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE %SystemRoot%\ERDNT\AutoBackup\#Date# /noconfirmdelete

Then you can restore the registry by booting from XP CD with recovery console.

This is how I got a working rollback to SPT 1.25 with daemon 4.03. (Okay, I had to reactivate my windows again..)

This ERUNT tool is like the scanreg tool from windows9x, it can keep several days and many versions of your registry as backup, but due to dumbness on M$ side with windows2000 and XP it only keeps one ".bak version which gets created once you successfully logged on.

You could also try the Windows XP restore point to get where you were before the upgrade.

How I got into my problem: I tried a newer alcohol version which installed the SPT driver 1.29, daemon tools still were 4.03. After that I was not able to mount ANY image. Upgrading to 4.06 did not help as you might guess.

I was lucky that I was suspicious enough to klick my "autobackup" icon on the desktop right before trying the newer alcohol version.

Technical notes:
                Athlon64 dualcore 4400+, 2GB RAM, enough HD space, 3 real CD/DVD drives/burners, one daemon drive, chipset is NForce4 SLI, rest irrelevant (machine now 16 month old).
                WinXP Pro SP2 with NoExecute enabled on everything, all updates, kerio firewall 4.2.2, F-Secure Client Security 6.02 and a bunch of other software.

When will we have SPT driver 1.30 which fixes the dead registry trash of 1.29?

See ya!

AH

Comment

unable to mount image invalid user buffer

the same message :unable to mount image invalid user buffer.
                  With a ISO file mount on usb mass storage .
                  (Lexar lightning 2 Go and corsair flash voyager 1Go.
                  After daemons tools doesn't respond.and it is impossible to kill the process daemon.exe

When i mount the same iso file on c: : it is good.

Comment

The support team is working on this issue to fix that problem.

Comment

I have the same problem

I have the same problem.

My PC:
                      Windows XP SP2
                      Ver. 4.06 (newly installed)

The image file was made by Virtual CD, and converted from .vcd into .iso by UltraISO.

These product were Japanese version.

I tried to mount the image both on USB memory (FAT32) and local HDD (NTFS, not-compressed).

Comment

This issue is fixed in SPTD 1.35

Comment

Working...
                        X