Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Invalid User Buffer' by mounting .B5T (Blindwrite) Image with DT 4.06 32bit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Invalid User Buffer' by mounting .B5T (Blindwrite) Image with DT 4.06 32bit!

I'm unable after the 4.06 upgrade to mount Blindwrite 5 .B5T files and then the DT icon in systemtray doesn't respond! Only after a reboot!

Please send non-working b5t files to andareed@daemon-tools.cc (and reference this thread).

Comment

I had the same error message with a BW6 version image file. I send you both files later this evening. Thank you for investigation.

Comment

Andareed,

I have sent the files as requested.

Add. Info: I tried to mount both images successfully on my laptop. So the problems exists only on my Desktop-PC.

Both PC's have XP Pro with SP2

Comment

I did not receieve them... Can you try sending them to andareed at gmail.com?

Comment

I had a similar problem after installed DT v4.06. I can't even load an Iso file. I received the buffer error notification, after that DT locked. I tried to go back DT v4.03 with the same resoults. I have never had a similar problem before, only after installed new version. (Win XP sp2 installed).

Comment

What kind of buffer error? Post exact messages please.
              And where is image located? Device, controller etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                What kind of buffer error? Post exact messages please.
                And where is image located? Device, controller etc.
                The message is "Unable to mount image. Invalid user buffer."

The odd thing is I could mount that image with the old version.

I tried some others images with the same results and as I said before when I tried to go back to the older version the problem wasn't solved.

The image is located in my HD.

Comment

Please specify your HDD configuration: file system, RAID, non-RAID, driver used etc.

Comment

I have a similar problem too.

Windows XP Pro SP2
                    IEEE1394 removable HD
                    NTFS format

I have no problem on IDE HD(non removable).

edit by admin: Please do not post more than once. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Comment

I have the same problem. I can not mount an image file no matter what type it is.
                      When I try to mount an image file either with DTools 4.0.6 or Alcohol 1.9.4521 /both use sptd 1.29/ I receive

"Unable to mount image. Invalid user buffer."
                      DTools freezes completely and can not be killed through Task Manager. Shortly after that I've got a BSOD stating:
                      "A kernel thread terminated while holding a mutex".

WinXP Pro SP2
                      HDD 2x120GB Raid 0 on ITE IT8212 ATA RAID Controller
                      File System is NTFS

No such problem with DTools 4.0.3 nor with any previous Alcohol release /sptd version is 1.25/
                      I think there is a bug in sptd 1.29
                      Additionally I downgraded to sptd 1.25 and dtools 4.0.3 and everything works fine.
                      Last edited by sppmaster; 01.10.2006, 19:33.

Comment

Having the same problem as the user above me. Anyone able to resolve this yet?

Comment

Andareed,

apologize for not receiving the files.
                          With 4.03 before they works fine.
                          But I can't mount every image type after upgrade to 4.06.
                          I tried to downgrade to 4.03 then with the same result (Invalid User Buffer).
                          My Config:
                          XP PRO SP2 german, AMD 3500+, 1GB Ram,
                          Asus A8V Deluxe (VIA K8T800Pro)

VIA VT82C571 IDE Controller
                          HighPoint HPT370A Ultra-ATA/100 RAID Controller
                          VIA VT8237 PCI-ISA Bridge - DriveStation SATA RAID Controller
                          Promise FastTrak 378 Serial-ATA/150 IDE RAID Controller

Comment

djbobo:

If uninstalling 4.06 and reinstalling 4.03 will fix your problem for the time being, after uninstalling DT 4.06, download and run http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=Download&id=87]SPTDinst X86 to remove SPTD 1.29.

Then if you download DT 4.03 it will install SPTD 1.25. This won't obviously help you get 4.06 to work but might be all you were hoping for at the moment.

Hope I was of some help. I have the same problem with 4.06.

Comment

Originally Posted by sppmaster
                              "Unable to mount image. Invalid user buffer."
                              DTools freezes completely and can not be killed through Task Manager. Shortly after that I've got a BSOD stating:
                              "A kernel thread terminated while holding a mutex".
                              If you have minidump after this BSOD please send it to support.

So, if you downgrade to 4.03 with SPTD 1.29 issue is still not resolved? I.e. it is SPTD problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X