• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i have problem with starforce

hi

i have bought this computer

my cpu is intel(R) Core(TM)2 |CPU 6400 2.113 HZ

my mainboard is intel(R) 82801 Gb/GR/GH(ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage controller -27CO

will i have problem

with the starfoge games protection;;;

with this cpu i have bought now;;

can you help me please;;
    do i have to do unplug;;;;

edit by admin:
    Please don't post more than once, the forum are moderated, wich is why your post's don't up immediately.

Apart from the fact that your post is rather badly readable, I suppose you mean whether you need to unplug your optical IDE drives to play games protected with recent StarForce versions.

First of all, it doesn't matter at all what processor you're using. There are boards with nForce 3 and nForce 4 that don't need unplugging. You're not using an NVIDIA based board, so you'll need to unplug your drives for the latest versions of StarForce to work.

For more information, please check the thread about SCSI blacklists.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I thought newest SF doesn't perform IDE check anymore? Or am I wrong?

Comment

I also think so, don't know exactly which version but the newer version are working with DT 4.06 without unplugging. Older versions (SF 3.5 - 3.7?) need unplugged drives.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

i thought the new version had anti-emulation right??

Comment

Yes, the Marketing Department of SF developed "Anti-Emulation"
            Latest SF blocks all I/O except its own and some other stuff. It was mentioned here and somewhere else. Don't remember where.
            But as newest DT works with SF, "Anti-Emulation" does not seem to work very well.

Comment

DT team created Anti-Anti-Emulation
              And now the next move from SF will be Anti-Anti-Anti-Emulation

Comment

pointing to thread starforce hd emulator

Originally Posted by FordPrefect
                Latest SF blocks all I/O except its own and some other stuff. It was mentioned here and somewhere else.
                If you ask me I'd say it was first mentioned in post #109 in the starforce hd emulator thread on cdfreaks.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

that is very interesting!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
                    DT team created Anti-Anti-Emulation
                    And now the next move from SF will be Anti-Anti-Anti-Emulation
                    nope, publisher started to realize how crappy SF is, so they stopped to use it ;D
                    it causes more trouble than it protects. people who buy originals cant play (sometimes) but cracked versions work fine.
                    so people think cracked versions are better...
                    if you imagine how many people started to hate SF and refuse to buy such games. they simply blame SF if thre are any pc problems, it doesnt matter if its true or not, it just matters what people think about it.
                    so add peoples ignorance to it and you have the result: not buying SF protected games.
                    prof. user who know exactly what SF does dont want it on theyr PC.

people dont even know what a copy protection is nor where to download stuff, no matter if starforce or securom or whatever. they dont have a clue how to break it and they dont care about it.
                    that makes problems caused by starforce > than its use.

as you can see on this forum, mostly stupid and noobish postings. they are stupid enough to miss infos which are on the first site and keep asking same crap 10000000 times.
                    Last edited by Black-; 30.09.2006, 02:49.

Comment

Working...
                    X