No announcement yet.

After reboot -> invalid device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you remove Daemon - you get no more ACPI error?
    @vince_mtp: i heard nothing about adildr.sys which is called 'General Purpose Driver' - try to rename/remove it for test. Where it comes from?

Comment

sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

it must be something like :

error # 1 :

the system boot driver or the launch driver couldnt' be loaded : st3shark

error # 2 :

the service General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) couldn't be started because of the error :
      the service cannot be started because it is not activate or no active peripheral is assigned to it.

error # 3 :

the driver has detected an internal error in his data structure for : (??? empty...)

And the option "Octets" is selected with the value :

Code:
      0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00   ......Z. 
      0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 c0   .......А 
      0010: 00 00 00 00 c0 00 00 c0   ....А..А 
      0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........ 
      0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
      is it clearer now ???

ps : I don't have any SCSI card in my computer...

pps : I don't have any "General Purpose USB Driver" in the services list from control panel -> admin tools -> services.... :? , neither any service with "usb" in its name (in french...) (I exported the list and searched in it)

thx for trying to help me :oops:
      Vince

Comment

So rename for test. Do you get 2 consecutive errors in log from st3shark after 1 boot?
        Please post bytes for all them please, it is very important.
        I don't see bytes from error 1.

Comment

ok i'll rename it and reboot for test.

i have to leave now but i'll be back to test in 3/4h ~1h

see U

Vince

Comment

okay,

I cleared the logs before rebooting my computer.
            Before, I found that the 2nd error comes from my ADSL modem driver... so don't take care about it.

Here are the logs after rebooting : (and before launching DT)

ERROR 1

Source : Service Control Manager
            Event ID : 7026
            Desc : the system boot driver or the launch driver couldnt' be loaded : st3shark
            DATA : disabled, "octets" is selected, but there is no text.

ERROR 2
            Source : Service Control Manager
            Event ID : 7000
            Desc : General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) ...... useless here I think
            DATA : disabled, "octets" is selected, but there is no text.

ERROR 3
            Source : st3shark
            Event ID : 4
            Desc : the driver has detected an internal error in his data structure for .

Pour plus d'informations, consultez le centre Aide et support а l'adresse http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

DATA : enabled, "octets" is selected, text is :

Code:
            0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00   ......Z.
            0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 c0   .......А
            0010: 00 00 00 00 c0 00 00 c0   ....А..А
            0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
            0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
            This 3 errors are EXACTLY the same, whether I move the adildr.sys OR NOT.

However, I found something :
            In the peropheral gestionnary, DT has created :

_ My computer
            |_ SCSI & RAID controller
            |_ ST3SHARK SCSI Controller => this one has a conflict

His properties are :

- General :
            This peripheral cannot start (code 10).
            and it is activated (in the combo box at the bottom of the dialog)
            - Driver details :
            C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\st3shark.sys
            - Ressources :
            no ressource
            list of perpherals in conflict : none.

When I launch DT I've got 2 error dialog boxes which both says "Invalid device" but there is no new line in the system event diary.

hope this helps

Vince

Comment

Your installation is broken - uninstall Daemon and make sure no SCSI virtual controllers are present, if yes - delete them. Then reboot and run setup. After setup is completes - go to device manager, there must be exactly 1 controller only 'ST3SHARK SCSI Controller' - nothing else!

You can now also try to delete that SCSI/RAID controller and reboot.
              Check what happens. If it reappears, then delete ST3SHARK SCSI Controller and reboot.

Comment

:?
                think HTML has mistaken you : my schema of the device manager has been modified because I used spaces.

I already have only 1 controller

I will try to make a new schema (I will use dots instead of spaces :oops: ) :

DEVICE MANAGER :

[-].[My computer name]
                .......|_ [-]. SCSI & RAID Controllers
                .......|.........|_. :!: ST3SHARK SCSI Controller

that's my device manager view... :? :? :?

Comment

I found something !!! :idea:

I right clicked on ST3SHARK SCSI Controller ans hit "properties".
                  then i clicked on "driver" and on "update driver".
                  windows XP updated it and when I clicked on "finish" the :!: disapeared and DT works now !!!

I'll reboot to test whether it's ok or I'll have to do it every time (that's better from uninstalling and reinstalling it every time !!!) :lol:

I'll be back in 5 minutes... 8)

Comment

it don't works again...
                    and updating the driver don't runs so... DT cannot start, I've got the 2 error dialogs... :evil:

what's happening :?: :? :shock:

Comment

Disable that adildr.sys completely. If you still have that entry then delete
                      HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Atildr key and reboot.
                      First check what software it is from, maybe look at file resources may give the clue.

Comment

this ressource is one of my modem driver's, it is in a directory xith my modem's name, I won't delete it !!! :?

I've just rebooted again. I've noticed just before that that the SCSI controller name changed from ST3SHARK to "Host Controller SCSI/RAID"
                        I think that driver Windows found was a generic drvier, and when I restared, it just didn't workd again... because of the change windows made.
                        in fact I don't understand that it worked 10 min ago... :?

Well, I launch DT install and before rebooting during the install (I don't remember whether or not DT asked me for rebooting the first time I installed it, but it just asked it now...) I checked my device manager and I have only 1 SCSI device which is ST3SHARK again.

So at this time DT works, but only until the next reboot it think...

Comment

I understand. But anyway your system has trouble if even your modem driver cannot start. Remove Daemon completely from system. Is adildr ok? If not - you should care about it first. Daemon must be installed on fully operating system only.

Comment

ok, I understand, but I already had this conflict before I install DT (at each of my system reinstallation)
                            so.... I want to use DT even with this problem if I can !!! :wink: :lol: (moreover, my modem don't seems to be disturbed.... :? )

well, the others have the same problem, maybe you'll be able to help them and me by the same way
                            I'll keep an eye on this topic, but if you found the solution to this problem, please email me

ps : I never used Easy CD Creator on my computer.

well...time to sleep !!! :lol:
                            thx
                            Vince

Comment

ps : I already had the problem i the past with DT 3.26 & DT 3.29...

may be this can help... :?

bye
                              Vince

Comment

I will try to investigate what happens by making special version of st3shark.sys for you which dumps more messages to event log.
                                Our mail server is currently down, after it is ok - i will let you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X