how about saving my game disks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how about saving my game disks?

i love daemon tools, somthing i would make myself if i were a programmer =/. im here to make a request, maybe its been made before? well, it would be nice if daemon could load a real disk from one of my physical drives so i can put my real disk back in its safe case. its exactly like mounting a .iso but instead ^. this woul help avoid any trouble to my physical drives and messing up my physical disks, unless this features requires some new complicated method of 3 years programming? why not have it inthe next version?

i think it would be a nice feature

Hm, what do you mean? Something like image creation capabilities? DT Pro will have this feature. ( Realeasedate - When it's done ) + you need a license.
    Until then use Alcohol 52% Free Edition.
    Or did I get you wrong?

Comment

hey your right, i guess what im taking about is the same as making an ISO of my games so i can use the iso instead of the cds. but for saving space on my HD and not having to make a ISO each time i want to play a certian game, would it be hard to make daemon read the data from my disk and make a copy within daemon's virtual drive (on the fly) as it does with an ISO? thats what i meant to say hopfuly i dont confuse you even more

i know this feature isnt somthing needed by the cummunity but it would be nice, unless alchohol already has that feature?

Comment

Sorry, but I can't follow...
        Could you maybe give a detailed example what you want to do?

Comment

I'm thinking he means essentially loading an image of the disc into RAM and running it from there so it's not using space on the HDD.

Comment

yes Jito is correct, sry im not too advance in computers so im not good at explaining things =(

Comment

Working...
            X