No announcement yet.

Vista 5744

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, after getting it to run on my system, I upgraded to build 5744. DT gave me the initialization error so I proceeded to do the same thing that I had done before to get it working. No go. This time around setup just says "You must reboot after previous operation". LOL.

And this time around, windows won't let me remove any of the registry values; it just tells me access denied when I attempt to remove. And rebooting into safe mode didn't work either.

Oh well, it gives me something else to get fixed in vista.

Comment

Do NOT upgrade with Daemon Tools and SPTD layer installed!
      To get it working now, you must remove SPTD layer, reboot, then delete SPTD key in registry Services hive (change/enable permissions of SPTD/cfg key if you get message of missing permissions), reboot, and then re-install.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I forgot to uninstall, so was in a bad shape. I found that even by taking control of the reg key I still could not delete it (owner, full permissions etc), however, by starting device manager (devmgmt.msc) and then view / show hidden devices, under the non-PNP devices was listed SPTD, which I uninstalled, rebooted and was then able to install DT. Finally, it all worked with RC2.

ttfn

David

Comment

Originally Posted by shigum
          Haha, after getting it to run on my system, I upgraded to build 5744. DT gave me the initialization error so I proceeded to do the same thing that I had done before to get it working. No go. This time around setup just says "You must reboot after previous operation". LOL.

And this time around, windows won't let me remove any of the registry values; it just tells me access denied when I attempt to remove. And rebooting into safe mode didn't work either.

Oh well, it gives me something else to get fixed in vista.
          Got the exact same problem and unable to clear it. If you get anywhere please give me a yell .

Comment

Originally Posted by doverton
            I forgot to uninstall, so was in a bad shape. I found that even by taking control of the reg key I still could not delete it (owner, full permissions etc), however, by starting device manager (devmgmt.msc) and then view / show hidden devices, under the non-PNP devices was listed SPTD, which I uninstalled, rebooted and was then able to install DT. Finally, it all worked with RC2.

ttfn

David
            Sure, if SPTD is still installed/running it protects its key against unauthorized access, thus you can not delete it, you must remove SPTD service first.

Comment

Problems in Vista RC2 5744

just upgraded my RC1 to RC2 build 5744, but now my old daemon installation wont run, cant even uninstall it.
              So I downloaded the new 406 which is supposed to be working with Vista, but after clicking the I agree button in the installation I get the following message :

This program will install SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) layer on your computer.
              WARNING - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (SoftICE, WinDBG etc.)!
              Please cancel setup if you plan to use kernel debugger on this machine.

I press OK and the installation just closes down..

I did upgraded Vista by having the RC2 iso mounted in daemon (which was working fine in RC1), can this have something to do with it?

Comment

Originally Posted by r0yalty
                just upgraded my RC1 to RC2 build 5744, but now my old daemon installation wont run, cant even uninstall it.
                So I downloaded the new 406 which is supposed to be working with Vista, but after clicking the I agree button in the installation I get the following message :

This program will install SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) layer on your computer.
                WARNING - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (SoftICE, WinDBG etc.)!

I did upgraded Vista by having the RC2 iso mounted in daemon (which was working fine in RC1), can this have something to do with it?
                I told you the same story in another forum... Fresh install and you won't have any problems
                http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
                  I told you the same story in another forum... Fresh install and you won't have any problems
                  So youre telling me this problem have no solution?
                  exept reinstall

Comment

There is a bug in the windows upgrade process that causes sptd to become deactivated. Sptd dev team is aware of issue and should hopefully have a fix soon.

A workaround is to delete HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd key, reboot, and reinstall dtools/sptd.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
                      There is a bug in the windows upgrade process that causes sptd to become deactivated. Sptd dev team is aware of issue and should hopefully have a fix soon.

A workaround is to delete HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd key, reboot, and reinstall dtools/sptd.
                      I cant delete that key, it just sais : Cannot delete sptd: Error while deleting key

Comment

Take a look on page 2 of this thread.

Comment

Anyone sussed an answer to the "You must reboot after previous operation" problem ?

Comment

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
                            Originally Posted by r0yalty

I did upgraded Vista by having the RC2 iso mounted in daemon (which was working fine in RC1), can this have something to do with it?"
                            ok im having the same issue and also the issue of not being able to uninstall or dtool or install it i fixed the error message and not it will let me run the install but now i get this message

tried everyhting everyone had suggested and now im just frusterated

if anyone has a salution nows the time llllloolllll

thats a laugh of frusteration (sigh)

Comment

enigmatai, see my post above.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed

thanks Andareed iv read it it just doesnt seem to work so what now? do we just wait untill the sptd bug issue is resolved with vista? or am i not doing somehting right?

i dno but you guys a are awsom everyone here trys there best to help its real cool thanks in advance for any and all help time and consideration anyone here has to offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X