Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Vista 5744

  1. #1

    Default Vista 5744

    Please post your experiences with Daemon Tools 4.0.6 and Vista RC2 (5744) here..

    Myself? I just reinstalled RC1 (5600) because 5728 was too broken.. and would like to avoid repeating an upgrade if 5744 is just as bad!

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default

    Installed Vista 5744

    Started Daemon Tools Setup 4.06HE with Admin rights.
    Setup startet... automatically reboot... started setup
    again with admin rights... installed DT. finish

    easy, isn't it?

    btw: mounting images works of course!

  4. #4
    Experienced User sfkilla23's Avatar
    Join Date
    26.02.2006
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by v_o_r_t_e_x
    Installed Vista 5744

    Started Daemon Tools Setup 4.06HE with Admin rights.
    Setup startet... automatically reboot... started setup
    again with admin rights... installed DT. finish

    easy, isn't it?

    btw: mounting images works of course!
    already posted but...
    Yes daemon 4.06he works 100% with latest 5744 x86 32bit

  5. #5

    Default

    Worked perfectly for me .. Thanks!

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks guys - I'll give 5744 a shot then

  7. #7

    Default

    Daemon Tools works in 5744 build, and not 5728? Can I upgrade Vista from build 5728 to 5744?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    Daemon Tools works in 5744 build, and not 5728? Can I upgrade Vista from build 5728 to 5744?
    Yes. If you don't have RC2 (build 5744) yet: it's here

  9. #9

    Default

    I can't seem to install it at all on RC2 5744... I start the installation program (as administrator)and get the SPTD warning, but after that nothing happens.

    Anyone else experiencing this?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireLite
    I can't seem to install it at all on RC2 5744... I start the installation program (as administrator)and get the SPTD warning, but after that nothing happens.

    Anyone else experiencing this?
    I have same problem. It was working with Vista x64 RC1. Then I upgraded Vista x64 to RC2. Now it gives an error on startup:

    Code:
    Initialization error 0.
    This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.28 or higher.
    Kernel debugger must be activated.
    So I thought upgrading Vista has overwritten some things so installing Daemon Tools again may fix. However I cant install Daemon Tools, because setup quits without a message after I click "OK" at SPTD install warning message. Also I cannot uninstall it since its uninstall information is somehow lost during Vista upgrade.
    Last edited by Dbl2010 : 08.10.2006 at 18:44

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •