Vista 5744

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by LPC
    Anyone sussed an answer to the "You must reboot after previous operation" problem ?
    Copytrooper had a FAQ that deals with this but i couldn't find the link to post here.

Anyway, I used regedit to remove a key from HKLM\Software. Under that area, there was a key at the top that was a long string of numbers and letters. I deleted it, and ran setup fine after that. Hopefully Copytrooper can post the link.

Comment

I have just installed a fresh copy of Vista RC2 (5744) on my Pentium x86 and DT4.0.6-x86 just returns error at installation:

Daemon Tools 4.06HE (32bit) - This platform is not supported.

Any advices, please?

Thanks

Comment

If you get that error with the x86 installer, then you've obviously installed the x64 version of Vista. Try using the x64 installer for DTools. I guarantee it will work.

Comment

Originally Posted by shigum
          Copytrooper had a FAQ that deals with this but i couldn't find the link to post here.

Anyway, I used regedit to remove a key from HKLM\Software. Under that area, there was a key at the top that was a long string of numbers and letters. I deleted it, and ran setup fine after that. Hopefully Copytrooper can post the link.
          No long numbers key under my Software Key still getting the same lovely error .

Comment

hey

i was having the same problem as you people and just registered because i found a solution (at least to my problem)

- start vista in safe mode (you do that by pressing F8 right before widows starts loading)
            - in safe mode make a search in the windows folder for "sptd"
            - delete all files found by that search (after doing all mencioned in this thread i had a sptddrv.sys in the windows\system32\drivers folder)
            - install daemon tools and check if it worked

notes: just deleting sptddrv.sys without going into safe mode might just do the trick, and also when searching if it doesnt find anything dont forget to make and advanced search and put a check on "include non-indexed files"

hope it helps someone

bye

Comment

The fix for "You must reboot after previous operation"

The fix for "You must reboot after previous operation" is in this thread:

The long key to delete is:
              HKeyLocalMachine\Software\19659239224e364682fa4baf 72c53ea4

Worked for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zak
                The fix for "You must reboot after previous operation" is in this thread:

The long key to delete is:
                HKeyLocalMachine\Software\19659239224e364682fa4baf 72c53ea4

Worked for me.
                Cheers for the reply but no key like that, I've searched the entire registry .

Comment

Works

Deleting that key worked for me.
                  Needed to get this working so I can upgrade to RC2.
                  This reboot error has been plaguing me for some time.
                  No other fix worked.

Comment

Working...
                  X