Vista 5744

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista 5744

Please post your experiences with Daemon Tools 4.0.6 and Vista RC2 (5744) here..

Myself? I just reinstalled RC1 (5600) because 5728 was too broken.. and would like to avoid repeating an upgrade if 5744 is just as bad!

Comment

Installed Vista 5744

Started Daemon Tools Setup 4.06HE with Admin rights.
      Setup startet... automatically reboot... started setup
      again with admin rights... installed DT. finish

easy, isn't it?

btw: mounting images works of course!

Comment

Originally Posted by v_o_r_t_e_x
        Installed Vista 5744

Started Daemon Tools Setup 4.06HE with Admin rights.
        Setup startet... automatically reboot... started setup
        again with admin rights... installed DT. finish

easy, isn't it?

btw: mounting images works of course!
        already posted but...
        Yes daemon 4.06he works 100% with latest 5744 x86 32bit
        http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Worked perfectly for me .. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks guys - I'll give 5744 a shot then

Comment

Daemon Tools works in 5744 build, and not 5728? Can I upgrade Vista from build 5728 to 5744?

Comment

Originally Posted by darkthunder
                Daemon Tools works in 5744 build, and not 5728? Can I upgrade Vista from build 5728 to 5744?
                Yes. If you don't have RC2 (build 5744) yet: it's here

Comment

I can't seem to install it at all on RC2 5744... I start the installation program (as administrator)and get the SPTD warning, but after that nothing happens.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

Originally Posted by FireLite
                    I can't seem to install it at all on RC2 5744... I start the installation program (as administrator)and get the SPTD warning, but after that nothing happens.

Anyone else experiencing this?
                    I have same problem. It was working with Vista x64 RC1. Then I upgraded Vista x64 to RC2. Now it gives an error on startup:

Code:
                    Initialization error 0.
                    This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.28 or higher.
                    Kernel debugger must be activated.
                    So I thought upgrading Vista has overwritten some things so installing Daemon Tools again may fix. However I cant install Daemon Tools, because setup quits without a message after I click "OK" at SPTD install warning message. Also I cannot uninstall it since its uninstall information is somehow lost during Vista upgrade.
                    Last edited by Dbl2010; 08.10.2006, 18:44.

Comment

On a fresh install of the x64 RC2, DT works great: no error message, no need to changes files.

Great job !

Comment

Originally Posted by Dbl2010
                        I have same problem. It was working with Vista x64 RC1. Then I upgraded Vista x64 to RC2. Now it gives an error on startup:

Code:
                        Initialization error 0.
                        So I thought upgrading Vista has overwritten some things so installing Daemon Tools again may fix. However I cant install Daemon Tools, because setup quits without a message after I click "OK" at SPTD install warning message. Also I cannot uninstall it since its uninstall information is somehow lost during Vista upgrade.

1.try to delete file c:\widnows\system32\drivers\sptd.sys
                        2.reinstall dt

Comment

I have the same error as Dbl2010 except I am using 5733 x86 32 bit.

I upgraded from Vista build 5728 to 5744. I already had Daemon Tools 4.06 installed but it did not give me the drive letters (refer to posts about 5728). I knew a new version of Vista was coming, so I did not bother trying any of the fixes in the other topic and just waited till 5744 came out. When I did the upgrade, I got the error message mentioned earlier.

Code:
                          Initialization error 0.
                          I tried reinstalling Daemon Tools 4.06 (as administrator) and get the SPTD warning, but after that nothing happens. Everytime I reboot the computer I get the Initialization error. I tried renaming the file c:\widnows\system32\drivers\sptd.sys
                          to sptd_old.sys as mentioned in the previous post and it still would not install (still starts the install process, get the warning then nothing). I tried rebooting after that, still got the initialization error message. In fact if i try and load daemon tools manually, i get the same error message. If I try to uninstall the tools it says "setup is unable to validate instalation."
                          Anybody who has any thoughts or help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Comment

Problem with installation

I upgraded from Media Center 2005 to RC1 and forgot to remove daemon tools 4.03 which is not compatible with build 5600. In any case, I had the same problem with removing and getting the newer version installed. Following the advice of this post, I removed the sptd.sys file. As well, a registry search found two references to it in the "last known good" section of the registry. I found them in:

HKLM\system\currentcontrolset001\services\sptd

HKLM\system\currentcontrolset002\services\sptd

I searched for "sptd.sys" to find them, and then deleted both values. Additionally, the initialization error can be removed by disabling the daemon tools from trying to load at logon with msconfig or a tool like autoruns from sysinternals.com.

After that, I rebooted the machine and ran daemon 4.06 setup with no issues.

Hope this is helpful.
                            Last edited by shigum; 09.10.2006, 09:46.

Comment

Originally Posted by shigum
                              I upgraded from Media Center 2005 to RC1 and forgot to remove daemon tools 4.03 which is not compatible with build 5600. In any case, I had the same problem with removing and getting the newer version installed. Following the advice of this post, I removed the sptd.sys file. A well, a registry search found two references to it in the "last known good" section of the registry. I found them in:

I searched for "sptd.sys" to find them, and then deleted both values. Additionally, the initialization error can be removed by disabling the daemon tools from trying to load at logon with msconfig or a tool like autoruns from sysinternals.com.

After that, I rebooted the machine and ran daemon 4.06 setup with no issues.

Hope this is helpful.
                              Thank you, that was very helpful. Works like a charm now.

Comment

Working...
                              X