Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[DT Emulation] Which version of SF and SR can be emulated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DT Emulation] Which version of SF and SR can be emulated?

I searched throw the forums with no results so i opened a new thread.

Those emulation options in DT - if have a few questions about it:

i know they don't support latest Protections, but i is it theorectically possible to
    play for example a game (safedisc 2.x or securerom 4.x) with an image that contains only the data files (burned only the files with for example the windows build in burning tool) and if not, what does the emulation function exactly do?

Does it emulate for example only the weak sectors of a safedisk protected cd, so that a good image is still needed?

thx in advance
    Upgrade your programs:
    DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

No, file copy will never work.
    The protections check specific sectors (SafeDisc), sub channel data (SecuROM <4.8x), or the physical media structure (SecuROM => v4.8x), thus a file copy will never work.
    Also no emulation is required while playing from image. The emulations are intended to emulate special protection checks on written media only (e.g. weak and defect sectors for SafeDisc etc.).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

so, for example the safedisc emulation feature help me to play me game, if i have drive that can't read weak sectors correctly, is that right?

thx
      Upgrade your programs:

Comment

No, SafeDisc emulation (in case of SafeDisc2) would help if your writer can't write the weak and bad sectors correctly. Although almost all newer writers are able to write the bad sectors these days, very few can write weak sectors correctly.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

so it will work not just only for the virtual device, but for the real device too?

damn, next time i better open my threads in the german section^^

thx
          Upgrade your programs:

Comment

Working...
          X