Windows vista ultimate 32-bit RC1 5600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows vista ultimate 32-bit RC1 5600

I try to installed DaemonTools daemon406-x86 for my comuter dell LATITUDE D505 and my O/S is Windows vista ultimate

So I RUN the Installer. and i agree to EULA and then a message-box appear and inform me about
    SPTD 1.29 - installation, so i click OK and then a reboot is not performed.

i remove every thing from the regedit then i try again but it wont go fine the same problem above

my friend have the same computer and system and i try the Daemontools on his computer and its work ok and i dont know what is the problem with my system !!
    Last edited by softnet; 10.10.2006, 22:08.

daemon406-x86 doesnt contain SPTD 1.25, it does contain SPTD 1.29 so it seems you are trying to install daemon403-x86.

For problem check related threads about disappearing SPTD in Vista, there is a bat-file in this forum but i dont know atm where.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

sorry

i was wrong it does contain SPTD 1.29

Comment

Hi,

I have just installed Vista RC-1 build 5600 and the latest x86 Daemon Tools installation.

Daemon Tools is running in the system tray but when I mount an image I cant access it.

In device manager, CY3249P YAO523R SCSI CdRom Device has a question mark next to it. I dont think a driver is installed for it.

Any idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance..

Asa

edit by admin: Please don't post more than once, the forum are moderated, wich is why your post's don't up immediately.

Comment

Sorry..

I was confused as to why the post wasn't showing up. I thought it may be a bug in the forum or something.

Comment

DT 3.41 should work wih RC1.
            But the latest DT (4.06) is working with RC2 (build 5744).
            But do not update from RC1 to RC2 when you have DT installed. Make a fresh install or uninstall DT before updating.
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I tried uninstalling 4.06 and reinstalling with 3.41 but I've still not got any icons for the drives in Computer.

In device manager it is showing the device is working properly but there is a question mark next to the SCSI CD Rom Device.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and got it working?
              Last edited by asa_carter; 14.10.2006, 20:05.

Comment

Where can i find D-tools 3.41?

Comment

In the download section (archive):

Comment

Any idea how to fix my vista problem?

Comment

hmm, not really... you can try to uninstall DT and manually remove all the leftovers (see the threads in the Common Problems and Solutions Forum howto remove DT 4.x and 3.x manually).
                      An other way will be to upgrade to RC2 (the best would be a fresh install), with that DT 4.06 should run fine...

Comment

Do you now where I can get RC-2? The MS site just points to RC-1.

Comment

Working...
                        X