Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: SecuRom 7.26

I'm new to the forums so please excuse em if I saw anything stupid but for Dark Messiah heres what I did:

disabled my first dvd drive in the device manager
    changed the virtual drive to E:
    mounted the image
    then used Procyon (which I had renamed to ASR7.26.exe)

and it worked great. My only problem is the inro movies and the cut sceens(sp?) just show up as a white box with a diaganal line in it. Also the screen effects for special weapons such as the FireStaff and the Poisen Bow just put a transparent black and white checker board overlay on the screen

YASU doesn't do anything for me. Maybe I'm messing it up but I ran it and my drives where still there. I have gotten Dark Messiah to work though thru the following method:
    disabled my first dvd drive (E in device manager
    switched virtual drive to E:
    mounted DMOMAM image
    ran game using Procyon which I renamed to asr7.26.exe

Only problem I have is that cut screens come up as white box with a diaganol line thru it. Also the screen effects for stuf like the Firestaff and Poisen bow just shows up as a B&W transparent checkerboard on the screen. My graphics card drivers are up to date. I'm not sure what the minimum requirements are (I guess I assumed they where same as HL2 and that works great on my system) but I have a

P4 HT 3GHz
    1gig memory
    GeForce FX5500 with 256mb ram

Experienced User

forum is moderated, no need to dupe post.. if the cut screens etc appear, then the problem isn't with the protection, as clearly you've passed the cdcheck.. thus it can only really be a few things

1. bad video card drivers - try updating to the latest ones
    2. directx is somehow screwed - try reinstalling it
    3. video card is overheating or may be damaged - check it

im guessing its either overheating or old video drivers though

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by [AOE]Maniac
    Result: Error Message saying that game is run from a backup CD.
    This means your image has bad DPM. I also had some trouble creating a good image for this game. Here's how I did it:
    • 1. Create an image using Alcohol with no DPM
    • 2. Use BWA Builder (comes with Blindwrite) to make a BWA file of the disc
    • 3. Use Quickmount (found in the downloads section of this site) to inject the BWA into the image.

For some reason BWA builder is a lot faster and also more accurate than Alcohol's DPM extraction for me, especially for dual layer DVD's.

I am at a total loss as to why i am able to totally bypass this emulation without issue.

I dont think it is necessary to enable the securom emulation option anymore either. At first it would refuse to run without it, but now i am able to.

My only guess is that the setup of hardware in my computer has something to do with it. I will post the specs here as this may help someone.

AMD x2 4400+
    Asus A8R-32 Deluxe (Crossfire Chipset)
    Ati x1950CF + x1950xtx
    2GB Corsair XMS
    2 x 320GB Sata2 (RAID) <-- Partitioned into System Drive and Main Drive
    1 x 200GB Sata <-- Image stored here
    1 x 40GB IDE <-- Empty
    1 x DVD/RW
    1 x CD/RW
    DVICO FusionHDTV
    Logitech G15 K/B | Logitech mx1000

My guess is that perhaps RAID or the Crossfire Chipset somehow affects emulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Reef
    This means your image has bad DPM. I also had some trouble creating a good image for this game. Here's how I did it:
    • 1. Create an image using Alcohol with no DPM
    • 2. Use BWA Builder (comes with Blindwrite) to make a BWA file of the disc
    • 3. Use Quickmount (found in the downloads section of this site) to inject the BWA into the image.

For some reason BWA builder is a lot faster and also more accurate than Alcohol's DPM extraction for me, especially for dual layer DVD's.
    Thanks Reef,
    Ill give it a try. Possible that my DVD Burner isnt able to read the DPM properly? Maybe there are working BWAs around?

New User

where can you get this Procyon, search all over the net.

Experienced User

its on game copy world, has many names.. on that site you'll find it as "SecuROM Loader v7.26 (22-08-2006) [48 KB] - PROCYON"

The only problem I have with Procycon is when I execute it, it asks me to find Securom 7.exe or what ever. Well when I search for it using "Windows Search" or what ever its called. It never turns up =/.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Shot
    The only problem I have with Procycon is when I execute it, it asks me to find Securom 7.exe or what ever.
    You have to select your game exe.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123