Flaming Cliffs / Lock On 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaming Cliffs / Lock On 1.1

Anyone knows how to run an image file of this game?
    Wont work here...

Ye'll have to give more info on the game...
    Protection used, how you did the image(s), and with what soft... Otherwise you won't get any help.
    Carpe diem

Comment

Maybe I can use this thread to tell my tail of woe

So I copied my Flaming Disc with alcohol 120% - just using the the back up wizard as I always do, pulled the file across my network and mounted it on Daemon as I always do and it installed no problem, downloaded the 1.12a update and installed it, all good so far, went to launch the game and up popped the dreaded Star Force protection & a disc error

Sooooooooo - i've been searching high and low for some advise & have followed the recommendations which seems to involve disconnecting ide cables etc etc, but I don't have and CD/DVD drives on my gaming PC I just use DT and back up images of my discs.

Anyways I reburnt the disc this time selecting data type "star force 1/2/3" using DPM measuring precision normal/1x (150 KB/Sec) then I enabled RMPS emulation in DT, mounted the reburnt image and tried to run the game, but Star Force still returns an error. any help would be very much appreciated..

edit by admin: Please don't post more than once, the forum are moderated, wich is why your post's don't up immediately.

Comment

You need data precision measurement high/1x, not normal.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Apologies Moderator I didn't realise there was a vetting procedure for posts - I gave up trying to post the 3rd time lol

@ Blazkowicz - many thanks i'll give that a whrill

Comment

Still no joy - I ran Alcohol again this time using using DPM measuring precision High/1x (150 KB/Sec)

Now when I selected "Star Force 1/2/3" in Data type it defaults to normal DPM precision so I selected "normal CD" to be able to select high precision

still it produces "failed to identify the disc in the drive. insert a licenced disc." when I try to run the software.

very very frustrating. Im i doing something wrong with the image wizard? i'm really not 100% sure what i'm doing I usually just make an image and away I go. thanks again for your time

Comment

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! ripping my heair out - so this time selecting data type "star force 1/2/3" using DPM measuring precision High/1x (150 KB/Sec) then I enabled RMPS emulation in DT, mounted the image and tried to run the game, but Star Force still returns an error.

I could really chuck this game in the bin at this stage, i'm all out of ideas now. I have made the image 4 different ways and nada, what's my options?

edit by admin: Please don't post more than once. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Comment

forget about it - I just went and bought a CD/DVD rom drive

Comment

and the daemon 4.06? UPDATED VERSION!! SPTD1.29 INCLUDED!

RELOADED PLEASE!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by edge2005 View Post
                    and the daemon 4.06? UPDATED VERSION!! SPTD1.29 INCLUDED!
                    RELOADED PLEASE!!!!!
                    Does that version of DT make the game runs?

Comment

That version is outdated. Just get the latest version from our download section or directly from our official download portal Disk-Tools.com.
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

The version of DT 4.06 with the SPTD1.29 INCLUDED didnґt work on flaming cliffs...Help Please...

Comment

What about using SPTD 1.39 and DTool 4.08 from the link provided?

Comment

so any progress ?

Comment

Working...
                            X