No announcement yet.

"Unbreakable" Securom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your image is bad, recreate your image with Alcohol 52/120% with SecuRom 4/5 profile and 1X DPM speed (if on cd), if on dvd select data position measurement high and speed 1X.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 30.10.2006, 22:38.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

it isn't the image that makes the errors - they appear before the "scanning" with spinning disc

for the " put the disc in another drive: 'driveletter'" the following worked for me: let the window open, disable the drive securom wants the disc in, change the virtual drive letter to this letter, press "retry" - then the spinning securom disc appears - in my case it works.

it mus be a blacklistcheck - but this check isn't repeated after pressing "retry". at the next start of the game this procedure has to be repeated. :-(

(i also changed the other virtual drive parameters, running it with procyon (renamed or not) doesn't make any difference, emulation on/off doesn't make any difference)

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
        Quite funny how every time when some bad warez image is floating around, many people come here to complain...
        Wow what an amazing thing... I magicly got a "bad warez" image off of my retail disc. Quite funny how you just assume we are trying to pirate something. Maybe YOU had a warez image that you couldnt get to work, and just made an assumption?

If anyone has a solution (disabling my drive did not work - I tried that well before I posted) please let us know. I can play with my original but I have a bad habit of scratching my disc when I leave them out so I prefer to play off of backup images.

-E

Comment

oh great, the guild 1.2 patch brought us SecuROM 7.27.0016, now i have to return using the CD as it is even more badass. anyone managed to get past it?

Comment

If you want to try a backup disc instead of an image, the new version of Alcohol is out with a new version of RMPS emulation. It also now supports Safedisc on DVD, FYI.

Comment

What I've found out so far

Alright...I'm working on Neverwinter Nights 2 which is protected by some Securom 7.2x version. I'm assuming a very new version since I've tried everything listed so far against Securom and have failed.

Here's what I've found out.

In the registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> System -->

This version of Securom scans for keys that contain MountedDevice or the word Device.

It reads these keys to determine if you are running emulation software.

If you deny permissions to the folders and attempt to run the image via Daemon Tools, you get the following error message.

"A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed."

If you leave the folders undenied, you get the error message.

"Emulator detected!
              Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software."

I tried this...

I renamed all of the keys in the registry that had a name like "MountedDevices or MountedDevice1" to something along the lines of....say....."CrazyStuff".

I then created a key that I left empty called "MountedDevices"

After that, I denied permissions to all of the keys that actually contain info about virtual drives (my CrazyStuff keys).

Attempting to run the image through Daemon again, I get the error message: "Emulator detected!
              Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software."

This means that it is NOT scanning the folders that it wants to scan and doens't know it. But it's still getting verification that I have a virtual drive open.

I've tried leaving Daemon on and exiting it. Doesn't change the outcome.

Is my logic flawed or is there another way in addition to these registry values that Securom might be using to verify the existance of virtual drives?

Comment

Those registry tricks to get games running were fixed a long time ago by SecuROM. When SecuROM errors out telling you it has detected an emulator, there's also an URL in the error box, telling you what it is that is detected. Recent SecuROM versions also detect Blindwrite's EZplay driver. If you have Blindwrite 6 installed, then SecuROM probably detects EZplay and you will need to disable it.

So far I have not seen any games where the SecuROM protection detects the latest Daemon Tools (v4.06). Could you scan the game's exe file using ProtectionID 5.2, to get the exact SecuROM version number?

Comment

I created an image for my DVD version of NWN2 using DVD Decrypter. I had an older version of Daemon Tools, and upon trying to run Neverwinter Nights 2 I got some message requesting to disable any emulation software.

I then updated to Daemon Tools 4.06HE. During the process I got an error saying the setup was unable to uninstall the previous version of Daemon tools, yet at the same time the uninstaller came up, and the setup worked fine the second time I ran it.

Now I get a message that states that the original disk can't be found or authenticated. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Could my image perhaps not be cool enough? Strangely, it has actually run for me once flawlessly, but it hasn't any other time I've tried.

Comment

Yeah, 4.06 does fix the problem with being detected as an emulator, but it keeps asking to put in the original cd. Maybe Nero files just don't cut it?

Comment

What is the protection of NWN2? safedisk? securom? In any case DVD decrypter won't do the job... it's used to decrypt video DVDs... use alcohol 52% instead
                      Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
                        What is the protection of NWN2? safedisk? securom? In any case DVD decrypter won't do the job... it's used to decrypt video DVDs... use alcohol 52% instead

Securom. I used nero and I have the same problem. Is nero an ok program to use? Making an image and transferring it on my pc is a huge pain and I want to make sure that's the problem before I do it agaian.

Comment

Ahh funny now I found you guys here talking about NWN2... The german version is useing with the buying version following:
                          SecuRom 7.27.0014 after patching it to the very new version 1.01 its this
                          SecuRom 7.27.0016

The unpatched version seems to work great, with patch well... its a bit miserable to bring the image to work anymore...

Comment

As was said before, use Alcohol 52% to create a new image.
                            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hello NetSoerfer,

as I wrote in the german forums, I have a bigger problem now than just before... please check my german "NeverWinter Nights 2" Thread to see what I mean... the limited edition wont work in NO WAY. LawFul Good wont work....

EDIT: PLEASE EVERYONE WITH PATCHED NEVERWINTER NIGHTS2 READ THIS!!!

Obsidian Entertainment has removed the new Patch today in the morning because of massive problems! Everything works great with the unpatched version, for me too! If you dont beleave, try to uninstall NWN2 and reinstall it, try then to update. No patch is available anymore. I found this informations on "neverwinternights.de" So... everything should work fine again... for now...
                              Last edited by Xervek; 03.11.2006, 16:51.

Comment

Rawr

Alright...

I do have the updated NWN2 1.01.

I do not have Blindwrite.

I do have Alcohol - no virtual drives currently.

I do have Daemon Tools 4.06HE.

I still get the Emulator detected error when I try to run it.

How did you guys get past that?

Comment

Working...
                                X