No announcement yet.

"Unbreakable" Securom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the unpatched version. The Patch isnt available over the auto-patcher anymore because of big problems! Dont know if this also means SecuRom, but it seems that the patched version wont work...

Comment

Iґve got nwn2, too. My Version is unpatched.I made a Image with Alcohol 120%. By mounting the Image, i got a error message, because of the detected emulator software. Using the newest Version of Deamon tools, iґm told to change my cd device. After i have deactivated my physical cd device, there consists the problem, that the mounted image wouldnґt be the original. (Iґm sorry, my english is not as good as it schould be)
      Is there anyone who can help me to solve the problem?
      Iґve already tried the tips of this thread and many tools...

Comment

So you also red the DPM? If yes, try to check if the curves with are "good" sorry dont know this in english... do this with the MDSViewer. After you can be sure that your curve is good, try to download and rename the ASR and try to start it thisway.

Edit: The patch is abvailable again over the auto-patcher, but be careful it seems that the new securom version dont work...
        Last edited by Xervek; 04.11.2006, 09:44.

Comment

ok, i checked the file. All curves are "good". It still doesnґt work. Iґm told to change my cd device, same error. There got to be a possibility to play this game without my cd and crack...

Comment

i patched my version to 1.01, and it wouldn't work with DTools 4.03. so i updated to 4.06 and used SFN to disable my optical drives and now it works just fine.

Comment

well now they have released a new patch 1.02
              for nwn and when scanned with protectionid i get:
              -=[ ProtectionID v5.2 ]=- (c) CdKiller & [x/xxx]
              Build 01-11-2006....
              > Ready

Scanning -> H:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\nwn2main.exe
              File Type : Exe, Size : 10432512 (09F3000h) Bytes
              -> Suspicious MZ Header..
              [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.xx
              [!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> cdkey
              - Scan Took : 0.235 Seconds

Comment

Downloaded 1.02 update and looks like its a go no for an image, detects DT again :/

Comment

It is SecuRom 7.29.0008.

BTW my updater only says 1.01 is available

EDIT: OK, only english version has 1.02 update
                  Last edited by Blazkowicz; 07.11.2006, 15:33.
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

well i think the 1.02 patch is broken anyways because uninstalling all emu softweare and using the original image it crashes when securom dose its lil search

Comment

New patch 1.02

Can someone run NWN 2 with the new patch 1.02 using the image? I tried everthing here.

Comment

yep, SecuROM fu*ked up again, seems my pc has SoftIce installed (well according to securom it does)...

way to go again, SecuROM / Sony DADC
                        Mail:
                        curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

I've got a DVD image working with the 1.01 patch. Made an image with the latest version of Alcohol 120% using high precision DPM at lowest speed. Mounted image with Daemon Tools 4.06HE and selected RMPS emulation only. I also had to physically unplug my IDE optical drives before I could play, disabling them wasn't sufficient.

I'm a little too afraid to try out 1.02 though.

Comment

Originally Posted by maltiryan
                            Can someone run NWN 2 with the new patch 1.02 using the image? I tried everthing here.
                            The funny thing with 1.02 and it's "updated" SecuROM is while it now blacklists all new loaders (like YASU), it does not blacklist DT4.06 (STPD1.35) anymore!

Comment

YASU 1.02b is not blacklisted...

h**p://www.download.curerom.net/YASU_102b_DT406.rar
                              Mail:
                              curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

I am having many of the same issues with Neverwinter Nights 2 Patch 1.02 (North American client). I have created myself a new image using the latest version of Alcohol 120% (freshly reinstalled tonight), mounted the image with the latest version of Daemon Tools (freshly reinstalled tonight) and am getting an error message saying:

"Original disc could not be found or authenticated."

The image should be without flaw as I've created it using all the settings indicated in this thread. I also have attempted using loaders such as Procyon.exe, asr.exe, and YASU.exe, using a variety of combinations of emulation options in Daemon Tools, as well as disabling all IDE drives to no avail. I have not tried physially unplugging the drives as I am not technically savvy enough to try.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X