making DVD mini image from Safedisc 4.70.000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a problem

OK ... so the problem is that the virtual disk will not work if the IDE drive is enabled... so lets just script it so we can disable it...

First, we download a nice tool from microsoft called devcon

This is a command line tool for the device manager.

Next we create two scripts:

disabledvd.vbs
    '*****************************************
    'Edit the following line to point to the location of devcon on your system
    devcon = "c:\devcon.exe"

Dim oWshShell
    set oWshShell = CreateObject("wscript.Shell")
    oWshShell.Run devcon & " disable *DVD*",0,true
    '******************************************

enabledvd.vbs
    '*****************************************
    'Edit the following line to point to the location of devcon on your system
    devcon = "c:\devcon.exe"

Dim oWshShell
    set oWshShell = CreateObject("wscript.Shell")
    oWshShell.Run devcon & " enable *DVD*",0,true
    '******************************************

Once you have those two scripts on saved on your computer your ready to create your daemonscript.

1. Mount BF2142 image
    2. RunApp - disabledvd.vbs
    3. RunApp BF2142
    4. WaitForApp - BF2142 to terminate
    5. RunApp - enabledvd.vbs
    6. UnMount

so far this method has worked for both BF2142 and Civ4.

Ackeron

Comment

What if you don't have physical drives in your machine?

I have My main system (DVD/DVD-RW etc) and a machine that I only run Virtual Drives on and get the same error on both machines.

Would the same steps be necessary for a machine with NO physical drives?

Comment

Sorry to sound like a total newcomer but how do you create a script? Thanks.

Comment

My DevCon wont run for some reason.. only pops up for a second and dissapears. Any suggestions?

Comment

You could also use SD4Hide, atleast I think so. It has worked on every version I've come across but haven't tried with 2142 yet.

If I knew what safedisc actually checked on the disc I would try my hand at making a mini image and testing.

Comment

im a compleat newb in this area and would like some help.. i have a vcd(virtual cd image) of battlefield 2142 now, how would i go about getting it to run with out having to have the actual cd, do i need to get deamon tools, and scrap the vcd and make it an iso, and if so what would i need to run/do to make it wourk with out an cd
              Thanks

edit by admin: Please don't double post. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Comment

What program did you use to make the image, and what settings in that program did you use?

Comment

if someone told me how to scan the DVD to see what parts the SD was scaning, and how to make it smaller image.

will be willing to help. just need guidance.
                  Regard Solway

Comment

Hi,
                    i have good news, on Vista Rc1 deamon tools working perfectly with full imageof BF 2142... On the other hand on my other computer with XP SP2 without (Dual Layer DWD) it gives error message..So I have a conclusion that safedisk is checking if you have Dual Layer DVD or not.. unless you have Dual Layer DVD it blocks you from the game launch directly..
                    or maybe it has something to do with Vista, i dont know..but i can play online without DVD...

Comment

Originally Posted by zack1701
                      iSo I have a conclusion that safedisk is checking if you have Dual Layer DVD or not.. unless you have Dual Layer DVD it blocks you from the game launch directly..
                      Wrong.

Originally Posted by zack1701
                      or maybe it has something to do with Vista
                      Right, for Windows XP just disable your optical drives.
                      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

is there a beta version available that can emulate safedisk 4.7 ? I want to play 2142 without having to grab my DVD all the time.

Comment

Current version does work with Battlefield 2142, just disable your real drives.
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

So I have to pull out all my IDE devices... what if my XP is running on IDE harddrive ? or is there a way around this (I assume this is what u mean)

if thats the case ill have to keep using the dvd

Comment

I meant your optical drives (cd/dvd drives)
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

hmmm

I got mine working WITHOUT having to disable my Optical Drives, here's what I did:

1) Had 2 Optical Drives enabled and 2 Virtual Drives, mounted full .mdf/.mds image - DIDN'T WORK!

2) Disabled Optical Drives via Device Manager - DIDN'T WORK!

3) Restarted PC, disabled Optical Drives via BIOS, Optical Drives still disabled via Device Manager - WORKED!

4) Enabled Optical Drives via Device Manager - STILL WORKING!

5) Restarted PC, enabled Optical Drives via BIOS, Optical Drives already enabled and working - STILL WORKING!

6) Restarted PC one more time to make sure - STILL WORKING!

So in my case, BF2142 only worked AFTER I disabled Optical Drives via BIOS.

Note: I am using Daemon Tools V.08HE and BF2142 patch V1.06

Comment

Working...
                                X